Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sad news out the NFL...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to look that up Mr Webster

Thats what I am attempting to do. However I must have whiskey dick

Sober usually refers to sobriety, the state of not being under the influence of alcohol.

Culturally, most people use "sober" to describe someone who is not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Not being intoxicated, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Fair warning for everyone:

I just ate a can of chili, for the safety of everyone I will not leave my house for at least 12 hours

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Sober usually refers to sobriety, the state of not being under the influence of alcohol.

Culturally, most people use "sober" to describe someone who is not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Not being intoxicated, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol

you are almost there grasshopper. At this point judging by the last response you know that sober does not be you have to be alcohol free. However noticing your screen name and knowing that he is a known drunk is so ironic

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
How can a non alcoholic beer have alcohol? Doesnt that defeat the concept on NON-alcoholic beer??

Also...You can drink. I never said you couldnt. What I am saying is that if you drink, you DONT drive. Get a damn cab, or someone thats sober to drive you home! Its really not that hard.

Yes, NA Beers have a very small amount of alcohol in them. So by your suggestion, anyone drinking a NA beer shouldn't drive and should call a cab.

Also, according to the dictionary, sober means "not intoxicated or drunk"
Sober | Define Sober at Dictionary.com
Sober - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I have a very high tolerance and can put down a lot of liquor without getting a buzz. By that definition, I'm sober. Legally, I'm probably going to blow over a .08 if I drink a quarter to a half bottle of vodka.

you are almost there grasshopper. At this point judging by the last response you know that sober does not be you have to be alcohol free. However noticing your screen name and knowing that he is a known drunk is so ironic

Uhhh who would that be? Not counting Biggio as a "known drunk" That title belongs to Mark Grace and idiots like him. Did Biggio get drunk and try to drive? Yes. Do I hate that he got drunk and tried to drive? HELL YES. Is he a "known drunk"? No sir.

Yes, NA Beers have a very small amount of alcohol in them. So by your suggestion, anyone drinking a NA beer shouldn't drive and should call a cab.

Also, according to the dictionary, sober means "not intoxicated or drunk"
Sober | Define Sober at Dictionary.com
Sober - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I have a very high tolerance and can put down a lot of liquor without getting a buzz. By that definition, I'm sober. Legally, I'm probably going to blow over a .08 if I drink a quarter to a half bottle of vodka.

Then how is the beer labeled NA if it has alcohol in it? Also, why have alcohol in an NA beer?

Also, so what you are saying is that if you drink 5 beers you think you are sober just because you dont feel it? That is a very stupid argument.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I honestly did not know he had a DUI.
So I would assume youre gonna be a hypocrite here and continue to collect this drunk ass XXXXing XXXXXXXXXX of a loser, right?

Also Im high on life right now so Im stuck in my effing cubicle until that wears off, guessing about another 16 hours or so. My coworkers are gonna be shocked when they come in in the morning and see me sleeping at my desk.

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Todd Helton arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence - CBSSports.com

I dont care how sorry you are or what you say when you are sorry...If you drink ANY amount of alcohol, YOU DONT DRIVE.EVER. PERIOD.

But Biggio did and thats ok with you obviously

You shouldnt drive if you have ANY alcohol in your system. How hard is this for people to understand?

obviously pretty hard for an idol like Biggio to understand

Well, you are the one driving with alcohol in your system, so there would be one more idiot on the road.

Him and a guy named Biggio

Uhhh no its not.

But Biggio did it and you collect him

I am 21. Why is it called "drinking and driving" then?

I am starting to wonder how dumb people are...How hard is this for people to understand this...If you DRINK...You dont DRIVE!

Again, obviously pretty hard, especially for a guy named Biggio

Thanks you sir. I hold myself to a very high standard when it comes to alcohol.

Yet you collect a convictedDrunk driver

How the hell is it flawed? If you drink alcohol, you dont drive. Simple as that.

Its flawed enough for the great Biggio

How can a non alcoholic beer have alcohol? Doesnt that defeat the concept on NON-alcoholic beer??

Also...You can drink. I never said you couldnt. What I am saying is that if you drink, you DONT drive. Get a damn cab, or someone thats sober to drive you home! Its really not that hard.

Its hard enough for B I G G I O

Not sure what all the Xs mean, but yes I will continue to collect him. Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite?

Im sure its still not clear to you is it?
someone with your high standards and morals should see it clearly!

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Then how is the beer labeled NA if it has alcohol in it? Also, why have alcohol in an NA beer?

Also, so what you are saying is that if you drink 5 beers you think you are sober just because you dont feel it? That is a very stupid argument.

Yes, non-alcoholic beer has alcohol in it and it's advertised as non-alcoholic because the alcohol content is so low. Should someone call a cab after drinking 1 NA beer?

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Thats the problem. When you drink, you dont feel the effect of drinking. Why do you think that people drink and drive? Becaue they think they are fine when they arent.

Holy crap! When you drink, you don't feel the effect of drinking? What does that mean?

Look, I'm 35 and don't drink. Even I can see you're insane with your thinking.

And, yes, I am a big-time bore at parties.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Uhhh who would that be? Not counting Biggio as a "known drunk" That title belongs to Mark Grace and idiots like him. Did Biggio get drunk and try to drive? Yes. Do I hate that he got drunk and tried to drive? HELL YES. Is he a "known drunk"? No sir.

When it happened to Biggio, he WAS one of those idiots like Grace. Please don't forget that Biggoi also attempted to bribe the arresting officer when he pulled him over. He has definitely changed as a person, but you cannot forget about this, since you are such a strong advocate against drunk driving, correct?

You only bring up Grace because it happened recently, so it's easy to call him out on it. You could do the same for Todd Helton, since it happened to him. Or Tony Larussa, Darryl Strawberry, Doc Gooden, Dontrelle Willis, Coco Crisp, Miguel Cabrera, Derek Lowe, Shin Soo Choo...I could go on.

According to recent posts of yours, once you drive drunk ONCE, you should lose your license and go to prison. If I remember correctly, it was go to prison for LIFE, was it not? Regardless if there is any damage done or anyone hurt. Based on what you suggest, you shouldn't be ALLOWED to collect Biggio, because he would not have played past that point in time.

Since Biggio shouldn't have been allowed to continue his career (you know, since he would have had all that time in prison), is it not hypocritical of you to collect (and therefore celebrate) a man who committed this most heinous crime and received only a SLAP on the wrist in probation and fines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts