Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Toughest Odds To Pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If you REALLY want to get nuts, how about figuring out the exact odds of finding a 52 mantle in the 1991 topps packs!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Stories will be told about this long after we are all gone. It will be believed to be urban legend. But we were there. We know the stubbornness was real. We'll maintain that the ignorance was genuine till our dying breaths

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
If the TS is that confident in his card, why not throw it up for auction with no reserve? With the $10 he makes, he dan buy another pack or two of chrome! :)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't realize there were so many base cards printed up on the 90s like that.

That's because you know virtually nothing about baseball cards; except that some have pictures of A-Rod, they come in packs, and Topps makes some of them.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If the TS is that confident in his card, why not throw it up for auction with no reserve? With the $10 he makes, he dan buy another pack or two of chrome! :)

Oh Ty. Sweet, innocent Ty. Go read the MONSTER thread in the Hall of Shame section. But please text someone every 10 minutes so we all know you haven't shoved a sharpened pencil in your ear; it's THAT bad.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If you REALLY want to get nuts, how about figuring out the exact odds of finding a 52 mantle in the 1991 topps packs!

What are the odds of finding that card in these. Oh and for the record these are awesome
10014648_10201845597528857_4383791318020314902_n.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A good amount are from topps vault.

The other stuff I have no idea.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
This guy's COMC account is a treasure trove of suspicious cards. Plenty of "missing autographs" and "wrong this" or "wrong that", uncut sheets of 1/1s that were supposed to be for charity auctions, and this:

http://www.comc.com/Users/DAVEPETER...ps_Museum_Collection_/NA/Hector_Noesi/5889549

Looks like a poor fake Kershaw to me.

Looking at eBay, that "Kershaw" signature does not match any other Topps sticker autos I can see, PLUS the pen that was used is noticeably thicker.

From a seller that started these gems of threads:

Asking about wiping off an autograph and if grading companies could detect it (post #5 mostly) (trying to persuade people that there's no way you can wipe off an auto without a trace)

On Blowout asking what's the best marker to use to get his unsigned "error" Oscar Taveras Bowman Chrome cards signed with (where when asked if he was planning on disclosing to buyers that the cards were signed IP, he says he's planning on working with Beckett on a story to let people know the cards are "legit". You know, a "legit" card that says "Topps Certified Autograph" but is not in fact an autograph certified by Topps.)

In this post on the above thread somebody literally shows him they can wipe off an auto and sign a fake Clayton Kershaw auto. Though they used a more convincing pen.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
in the long run do odds really matter? Its all comes down to what someone wants to pay for it. Sure you can put a price tag of 10k or even 1mil if you think that is the value of it. It might just sit there for months/years collecting dust and become the most expensive paperweight ever.

Members online

Latest posts