Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Custom HOFer Cut Auto dream

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
So I have inquired over the last several years about having someone create for me a custom HOFer auto set using 3x5 autos I have. Some members here like Mike (200lbhockeyplayer) have created some awesome designs as prototypes for me.

I just won another lot from an auction house so I probably have 75-100 different players I could do this with. It is a huge dream of mine to have this totally customized HOFer auto set. I would even want it to have some type of reference to my name on the back.

My huge hesitation is cost. Most guys have quoted me $40 a card to create and build the cards for me. I understand the tremendous amount of time and skill to complete such a task so I am not criticizing the price.

If I did 100 that would be something like $4,000 to make a unique and cool set for my PC, but I just think about how many more autos I can get with that $4,000.

I would love to hear opinions about this. Do I bite the bullet? Do I do it in chunks? Is it an overrated idea?

Thanks.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Learn to do it yourself and you saved yourself a huge chunk of change!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
You can also pay someone for a base design and you can add text and photos to your desire. Then your set would have a common theme throughout.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Oooh would love to see what you got Mike........ I hear ya with the cost. I have invested in PSA slabbing of my index cards and every time I give them money I feel like it could go towards other purchases. I have been able to get almost all of mine slabbed. I like the suggestion to learn to do it yourself but if it were me I would not even know where to begin. Good luck with your decision.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
One other thing to consider: all booklets or singles or mix of both?

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I really don't want to learn to do it myself because of the time and skill involved.

I just wish it was cheaper to have one of the experts do it for me. :(

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I really don't want to learn to do it myself because of the time and skill involved.

I just wish it was cheaper to have one of the experts do it for me. :(

It's no different than having a custom piece of furniture, clothing or car made. If it's a one and done, you're gonna pay more but if you wanted to make bulk, then the cheaper it gets.

The photoshop part and the printing isnt the hard part. The assembly of the cards is where you have to pay up.

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts