Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\*GOOD *MONDAY* MORNING*////////////////// 2/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good morning. I've had this flu or something for a week and can't shake it. Called my doctor's office, they said it's likely gonna take two weeks to run it's course. That seems like forever!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
eBay rewarded me this morning with a Tim Wakefield that I did not yet have. Waiting for this to get here will be agonizing but I couldn't be more excited to add it!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. We had somebody break into the office over the weekend. They tried to break into our file cabinet that houses our cash box. They weren't able to get in. But funny thing is, they could have taken my laptop, a 32 inch tv, a miter saw, or the cash from our snack counter, but nothing was missing. This is the 2nd time somebody has done this since I've been here. The first time, the guy was successful in taking $250-300. This time the guy would have gotten away with about $100, but failed.

On another note, Jayme and I discussed our trip to Boston some. We are looking at going the first week of June. This is essentially going to be our honeymoon. Gotta love when we first talked about a honeymoon, the first thing she asked me was what stadium I wanted to go to the most. Since I've been to Wrigley, Fenway was next on the list. But here's the kicker. She said she wants to drive there. Looked it up, and it's about 28 hour drive to Boston. We will have 9 total days, but I want at least one day back home to relax before returning to work. Part of the reason she wants to drive is so we can spend a day in Chicago. If my preliminary ideas work out, we would go to Jayme's brother's house Friday night, then leave for Chicago on Saturday. It's about 8 hours to Chicago from Lincoln, NE. That would leave us with Sunday in Chicago. So far here are the potential stopping points-
1. Skydeck- I've been, but Jayme has been wanting to go
2. Field Museum- This is a maybe. My main reason was to go see Sue the T-Rex, since she was found in South Dakota and as a kid growing up in South Dakota I always wanted to see it.
3. Navy Pier
4. The bean
5. Wrigley (Maybe on the way home to catch a game)

But then for Boston, we aren't sure how many days we would spend there, but these are the main things I'd want to see
1. Fenway
2. Samuel Adams brewery
3. Freedom Trail

I looked at Cleveland's schedule, and they won't be home when we would be driving through, but of course once we decide how many days to spend where I might be able to swing a game in Cleveland. Everything is very preliminary right now. Heck, we might spend a couple of days in Chicago once we decide everything. I've been to Chicago once before, but we were focused on going to ball games, and the only touristy thing we did was the Skydeck

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Love your plan [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

It's still very preliminary. For all I know, things might change and we will spend more time in Chicago than Boston. Maybe I can sneak up through Rochester on the way there or home to catch a Red Wings game

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Afternoon all!
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], try to do the "tour" at Fenway if you go. I will admit to missing the modern conviences there, especially elbow space, but the Park itself is still great.

And Boston is one of, if not THE, best downtowns in the Country. The park is only about 20 blocks from the downtown area, and I suggest you wear your "Jesus/Yankees" shirt, you'll be quickly accepted...

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Good morning all. We had somebody break into the office over the weekend. They tried to break into our file cabinet that houses our cash box. They weren't able to get in. But funny thing is, they could have taken my laptop, a 32 inch tv, a miter saw, or the cash from our snack counter, but nothing was missing. This is the 2nd time somebody has done this since I've been here. The first time, the guy was successful in taking $250-300. This time the guy would have gotten away with about $100, but failed.

On another note, Jayme and I discussed our trip to Boston some. We are looking at going the first week of June. This is essentially going to be our honeymoon. Gotta love when we first talked about a honeymoon, the first thing she asked me was what stadium I wanted to go to the most. Since I've been to Wrigley, Fenway was next on the list. But here's the kicker. She said she wants to drive there. Looked it up, and it's about 28 hour drive to Boston. We will have 9 total days, but I want at least one day back home to relax before returning to work. Part of the reason she wants to drive is so we can spend a day in Chicago. If my preliminary ideas work out, we would go to Jayme's brother's house Friday night, then leave for Chicago on Saturday. It's about 8 hours to Chicago from Lincoln, NE. That would leave us with Sunday in Chicago. So far here are the potential stopping points-
1. Skydeck- I've been, but Jayme has been wanting to go
2. Field Museum- This is a maybe. My main reason was to go see Sue the T-Rex, since she was found in South Dakota and as a kid growing up in South Dakota I always wanted to see it.
3. Navy Pier
4. The bean
5. Wrigley (Maybe on the way home to catch a game)

But then for Boston, we aren't sure how many days we would spend there, but these are the main things I'd want to see
1. Fenway
2. Samuel Adams brewery
3. Freedom Trail

I looked at Cleveland's schedule, and they won't be home when we would be driving through, but of course once we decide how many days to spend where I might be able to swing a game in Cleveland. Everything is very preliminary right now. Heck, we might spend a couple of days in Chicago once we decide everything. I've been to Chicago once before, but we were focused on going to ball games, and the only touristy thing we did was the Skydeck

awesome plan Zac!
the field museum is amazing. right next door is an aquarium and planetarium as well. great trip.. 9 days is gonna be crazy

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
awesome plan Zac!
the field museum is amazing. right next door is an aquarium and planetarium as well. great trip.. 9 days is gonna be crazy
Well, it won't be the full 9 days. We're gonna kinda play it by ear right now, but I'm forced to take a week of vacation from work, so plus the weekends I'll have 9 days

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Has anybody tried the Presidents' Day coupon on eBay for sports cards? Might be making a big purchase tonight, and that will influence how high I'm willing to go on it

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Has anybody tried the Presidents' Day coupon on eBay for sports cards? Might be making a big purchase tonight, and that will influence how high I'm willing to go on it

I tried it...it said the coupon was invalid for the purchase, or something to that effect.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I tried it...it said the coupon was invalid for the purchase, or something to that effect.

Did some digging, and it's only good for certain sellers. So of course I won't be able to use it. I know I'll miss out on the card, and it's likely the only one I'll see come to the market for awhile

Members online