Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking to Build A Game Used/Auto Box O Goodies - Any Interest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I look forward to the box arriving! I'll bag some of the un-bagged stuff when it gets here. I can also increase the size of the box if the group wishes to?

Mick
FCB ID: Fordman

Personally, I won't complain about the size of the box growing. I don't know what a regional box rate C box costs to ship, but I can't imagine it's much more than what we are spending for the medium flat rate. I don't think there are any distances between recipients that a regional rate box wouldn't work for. However, these boxes are somewhat of a challenge to come by... I know many post offices don't carry them around here... could be because of the deal that they are compared to flat rate. I don't know...

Anyway, I'm happy this is off and running again. I hope you enjoy going through the box, Mick! Glad to have you as a participant. I know there are some nice cards in here that you should be able to pull for you collection!

PS - Don't forget to include your signatures!!!

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
So the lady at the PO didn't scan a tracking number in. My fault for not double checking before I left. I sent [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION] a copy of the receipt and insurance slip.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Here is what I took:

scan0001_zps30ca5b86.jpg
scan0002_zps2f670e7b.jpg

scan0003_zpse5488fe7.jpg
scan0004_zps7d52b79f.jpg

scan0005_zps8f9273c7.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I "Oh Wow'd at what you took and OHHHHHH WOOOOOOW'd at what you added! Great job!

Fordman

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
This is a great thread to follow if we keep seeing the cards that everyone gets to add to their PC. Way to go Ashburn!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hello All,

Box arrived yesterday just as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to baseball practice. I didnt get a chance to look in it until around 10pm last night. Here it is:

box2.jpg

opened up and everything is snug as can be in there!

box3.jpg

After unloading all of its contents (which there is quite an array of), I separated the cards that didnt have team set bags over the top loader and put a team set bag over the top loader so they all have a little better protection.

My wants were: Jay Bruce (player specific), Reds & Tigers (team specific).

Here is what I had taken from the box:
card21.jpg
card22.jpg
box8.jpg

card3.jpg
card6.jpg
card9.jpg

card10.jpg
card11.jpg
card21.jpg

card1.jpg
card2.jpg

card4.jpg
card5.jpg

card7.jpg
card12.jpg

I took the Paul O'Neill and Tyler Eifert even though they wasnt on my list but they wasnt on any other traders lists either, so I figured they were fair game!

I added these:

card13.jpg
card14.jpg

card15.jpg
card17.jpg

card19.jpg

card20.jpg

I added some cards (non-auto/relic) for each individual trader to the box. Names are on the bags. They're not much but better in your collection than in mine as they are for your requested teams/players. Please, dont feel that you need to return the favor as these cards would just sit in a box and only be see the light of day when I added more cards I dont want/need to them.

Here is the box after being closed up, re-taped. I re-enforced the sides and folds of the box with lots of tape. BTW, I think there is more tape on it now than corrogated paper!

box4.jpg

box5.jpg

It's off to the post office! Next Stop is Illinois.

Fordman

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Sweet! Congrats on all of the work with this box fellas. I didn't know Vince Coleman even had a reprint auto in Topps!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Just saw a Coleman autograph on ebay. There are plenty of autos in archives that i wasn't aware of.

Awesome cards guys. Glad to see everyone is enjoying this, I know Bill put a good bit of effort into it. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the progress this round.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I can't imagine that Gausman will still be in the box by the time I get it, but a guy can hope!

I had it up on eBay for a ridiculous amount when it was released. Then I forgot why I got back into the hobby and it wasnt for profit, it was for fun. I've removed all dollar signs from my collecting vision. Maybe put in a request for it since it lines up with your teams/players???

Fordman.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I had it up on eBay for a ridiculous amount when it was released. Then I forgot why I got back into the hobby and it wasnt for profit, it was for fun. I've removed all dollar signs from my collecting vision. Maybe put in a request for it since it lines up with your teams/players???

Fordman.

Wooooohoooo! On to stop 3 and improving along the way!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just such an awesome box. I might of participated to just look through all the cards for fun. That's probably what I enjoyed the most about the last round.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Bill & Steve, check your PM's, the box was shipped yesterday! Should be in Ill by tommorrow!

Mick

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
No box today. That probably means it'll be here on Monday, so I'll go through it on Monday evening, repack it, and get it back in the mail on Tuesday.
I'll go ahead and grab a new medium priority box at the post office on Monday. If the box seems to be in rough shape when I get it then I'll just pack everything into a new box. That sound alright with everybody?

-Steve

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
No box today. That probably means it'll be here on Monday, so I'll go through it on Monday evening, repack it, and get it back in the mail on Tuesday.
I'll go ahead and grab a new medium priority box at the post office on Monday. If the box seems to be in rough shape when I get it then I'll just pack everything into a new box. That sound alright with everybody?

-Steve

Sounds Good Steve!

Mick

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
The box arrived about noon central time. I've already opened it, went through it, and resealed it. It'll be back in the mail before the post office closes at 5 p.m. today.
Let me say, there's some neat stuff in the box. I had a blast going through it. You guys who will be getting it within the next two weeks or so are really going to enjoy going through it.

Here's what I took...
Box 003.jpg

Here's what I put in...
Box 005.jpgBox 007.jpg

-Steve

Members online