Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donald Driver retires

Does Driver make the HoF?

• First Ballot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sooner than later

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Eventually

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Never

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Does he ever make the HoF? I admit, I'll never be able to take off the rose-colored glasses, but he has been nothing but the modle of consistancy during his career, and is one of the great small-school success stories.

And I'm talking about EVER getting in, not soon. If Chris Carter and Tim Brown aren't in yet, then DD is going to be waiting.

I think the Football HoF under-accepting of WRs.

So, just your opinion: does DD ever make it in?

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
I'm in the same boat as you, I have rose colored glasses that always favor the Packers. That being said, I think the only Hall of Fame that Driver gets into is the Packers Hall of Fame. His career has been great and his stats say that but just not sure if they will get him in the Hall of Fame. Hopefully they do but just don't have a confident feeling about it. Just my 2 cents

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Ditto. What might will help Driver over Brown and Carter is the ring along with being in the playoffs most years. Brown might be the most under-appreciated receiver in my time. Pretty damn impressive career and probably deserving of Canton. Carter was a whiny b*$#& when I watched him play for the Vikings. Damn good hands but if the DB's pinky touched him he was begging for the flag. Carter would not do so hot with the more aggressive DB play and less aggressive PI flagging in the game today.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
If it has taken Carter & Brown this long there's no way Driver makes it. A ring doesn't trump the 4,000 more yards & 69 more TD's that CC has over Driver and CC should have been in long ago.

Driver was a good WR and benefited from having two of the best QB's throwing to him his whole career.

Last edited:

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Carter would not do so hot with the more aggressive DB play and less aggressive PI flagging in the game today.

Did CC piss in your Cherios? If anything the game today is a Fisher Price model of it's previous self in regards to defensive aggressiveness towards QBs & WRs.

Last edited:

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Does he ever make the HoF? I admit, I'll never be able to take off the rose-colored glasses, but he has been nothing but the modle of consistancy during his career, and is one of the great small-school success stories.

And I'm talking about EVER getting in, not soon. If Chris Carter and Tim Brown aren't in yet, then DD is going to be waiting.

I think the Football HoF under-accepting of WRs.

So, just your opinion: does DD ever make it in?

Based on some reports in Twitter, seems likw Cris Carter is a part of the 2013 HoF class (as well as Larry Allen, Warren Sapo, Jonathan Ogden and Bill Parcells....Tim Brown just missed out).

Sent from my Vortex using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I don't know. I think Donald was a good wr but he was never really the scary wr type. He benefited from exceptional qb play and just didnt have that hutzpah you think of with HOF wr.

Ill be honest Tim brown deserves to be in as does cris carter but their yards per game in the era they played in is not something that is IMO special. Moss and rice are above 70. Brown and carter are below 60 and driver is below 50.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Did CC piss in your Cherios? If anything the game today is a Fisher Price model of it's previous self in regards to defensive aggressiveness towards QBs & WRs.

No Cheerios. I'm from MSP and watched most Vikings games from the Carter era. He begged for more flags than any other player out there. His bicep should be ripped with all the pumping he was doing asking for the flag every other down. It got old. Not saying he's not worthy of Canton; just annoying. I won't disagree on Fisher Price model for QBs but disagree on DBs. They're allowed far more checking and earlier timing these days. Carter would be doing the flag motion every down these days.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Vikes fan here, who always liked DD unless we were playing him. I don't think he makes the Hall, but I do believe he will always be respected by his peers as a good player and seemingly even better person.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'll go ahead an say Scott Rolen has zero chance getting voted into the NFL Hall of Fame

I was referencing a thread on the Baseball side where [MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION] had to remind a Cardinals fan to remove his Homer fan rose-colored glasses as regards Rolen, Edmonds and Molina making the HOF.

Now it appears he's fallen victim to the same problem...:lol:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I was referencing a thread on the Baseball side where @hive17 had to remind a Cardinals fan to remove his Homer fan rose-colored glasses as regards Rolen, Edmonds and Molina making the HOF.

Now it appears he's fallen victim to the same problem...:lol:

2 things:

1. I think you're confusing me with someone else in that other thread

2. Don't I get credit for asking FCB-at-large, since I freely admit that my opinion is jaded?

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Packers HOF? Yes 100%
Pro Football-Never

Its the HOFame, not the Hall of Very good

He has it right.

None of his stats stand out as extra ordinary less then 800 career catches, 10200 Rec Yards and 60 Td Catches None of those number strike me as a instant hof'er an in the future WR's will need on average of 12000 yds, 100 Tds and 1000 Catches. Those numbers might sounds huge to some an many will pick apart those numbers with ppl in the hall with less. But with the NFl having more scoring and more throwing the numbers will have to improve to.

Look at other sports milestones that meant instant hall of fame like hockey an 500 goals or baseball and 500 HR's is not a instant anymore.

In closing Driver was a good role player to have as a dump off player for Favre. But when javon walker was there he was a better WR and when greg jennings came he over took him on the depth chart. So when your not the number 1 on the team how can you be in the hall.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts