Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon Football --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
This is the Upper Echelon Football Free To A Good Home Thread. It has some rules. Familiarize yourself with them before you participate and be sure you agree to abide by them. You will be tarred and feathered if you are caught trying to screw the community.
Simple Rules:

1. 500 posts or 2 years board membership to participate.
  2. If you want an item, post in the thread "I'll take it." Do not PM someone, don't ask someone else to take it for you. First post takes the item.
  3. Items have to have at least a $10 PER item SELL value, otherwise, put it in the low end thread. You MAY NOT post multiple cards that equal $15; however, you may post multiple cards in one lot, as long as each has at least a $15 value. Consult eBay for comps if you are unsure. You will be asked to remove any item that doesn't meet this requirement. The only acception to this is if you are offering a set with a value of more than $15 (like a Topps Set or something).
  4. If your item is not claimed within 3 days, please give 1 reminder post about your item. If it's still not taken after 1 week of being posted, consider it an item of little to no interest and please remove it and replace with something else.
  5. Your give to take ratio has to be 1:1, but feel free to give as much as you want and take as much as you want. You DON'T have to post something immediately as you take something, but if you can, please do or put something in within a few days. This should be community monitored. You will NOT be shipped an item UNTIL you post a replacement for the item you claimed, or you can show you already posted and gave away an item, but have not claimed something from the thread.
  6. It will not be restricted to one card at a time (meaning there can be multiple items going back and forth at the same time).
  7. It will be restricted to baseball only, but will not be restricted to cards (e.g., memorabilia can be included - programs, balls, etc.).
  8. Don't take stuff that you don't see a need for in YOUR collection. It's always nice to pick stuff up for others, but don't do it here. Let that person come and find it themselves, or use the mention (@user id) to get their attention and alert them to the item you think they would like.
  9. PLEASE!!! Don't take $40 items to flip on eBay (or elsewhere) and just keep replacing them with $15 items. This will kill the thread and kill your rep here real fast.
  10. Lastly, discretion will fall to the masses... if you post in here and are taking something and replace it with junk, you are going to get called out and you are going to get banned from participating in this thread.
  11. Ship all the items you offer in a timely manner and use delivery confirmation on all packages.

I believe this will work because all the items put in here should all be desirable enough that they will all move to a new home, so there should not be any issue with people posting stuff that isn't taken while they continue to pile up freebies.
Just have fun and use common sense, please!

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
No problem. My only disappointment is that I have nothing to add to the thread b/c I don't collect football.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
ill have to pick up some stuff for this thread, my only football cards are Raiders PC but I want to participate

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Adding a 2012 Topps Cam Newton Superman pose SSP.

2013-03-20_13-54-39_664_zpsdbd8d649.jpg

Last edited:

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Ill put up a Jim Otto auto'd mini helmet authenticated by tristar. I have 2 and figured one could make its way into someone elses raider collection [MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION] ? or hof collection.

otto mini.jpg

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Ill put up a Jim Otto auto'd mini helmet authenticated by tristar. I have 2 and figured one could make its way into someone elses raider collection [MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION] ? or hof collection.

View attachment 14838

I would love to have this, but I'll need a little time to get a replacement as most of my collection is baseball. Let me know if that's cool, if someone else would like it that's fine too

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
The High Desert, California
Not thin skin, just a gut feeling. Extreme generosity on the baseball thread. Sarcasm on page one of this thread. Good luck.

Don't judge the book by its cover. Let's wait and see what happens. While I am certain it will be a slower thread, I doubt it will be less generous or friendly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I would love to have this, but I'll need a little time to get a replacement as most of my collection is baseball. Let me know if that's cool, if someone else would like it that's fine too

Far be it for me to have any say in what goes on in these threads... But with that said, and being an avid watcher of the upper echelon threads and participated in the low end thread, if you want something @rum15man, you should get it, you are one of the most generous people on these boards, and a member who makes FCB better by you being here, but that's just my humble opinion

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Far be it for me to have any say in what goes on in these threads... But with that said, and being an avid watcher of the upper echelon threads and participated in the low end thread, if you want something @rum15man, you should get it, you are one of the most generous people on these boards, and a member who makes FCB better by you being here, but that's just my humble opinion

thanks for the kind words, I just need some time to pick up some stuff

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
thanks for the kind words, I just need some time to pick up some stuff

Rum from one raiders fan to another its your if you want it. I actually put it up with you in mind. I have been watching the baseball thread and judging by your work over there i know youll get something good up here when you can. Pm me your address and i will get it out by sat. Hope it finds a nice spot in your collection

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Not thin skin, just a gut feeling. Extreme generosity on the baseball thread. Sarcasm on page one of this thread. Good luck.

He asked if this was for football...the thread is in the FOOTBALL forum and thread has the word FOOTBALL in it. It seemed like a stupid question to me.

Members online

Latest posts