Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Topps Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sort of itching to rip a case. Normally I do baseball, but I just realized TC FB is coming out shortly. Does it look like a decent product this year? I can't tell. There aren't any really exciting rookies this year who are actually playing (if Manziel was in the Bortles role somehow) so I am not completely sold on it. However I have an 3x ebay bucks special in effect today, wondering if I should just do it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Exactly, Chrome is always nice and usually does well in the secondary market.

Tons of quality RCs, and up to 6 possible starting QBs, which usually drive prices the most...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Went ahead with it. I'm suffering huge buyer's remorse, but it'll be OK. I'm also pretty excited. I haven't ripped a whole case in 9 years, and that was TC Baseball, not the best choice. This will be better. Sammy Watkins superfractor. I know it.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I actually think this checklist is pretty good at first glance. Tons of receiver talent and not just the first-guys (Watkins, Benjamin, etc). Beckham should be big and Jordan Matthews could feel the love really soon. Davante Adams also!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I actually think this checklist is pretty good at first glance. Tons of receiver talent and not just the first-guys (Watkins, Benjamin, etc). Beckham should be big and Jordan Matthews could feel the love really soon. Davante Adams also!

"Scheftie" did a column today about exactly this. And he didn't even get to some of the later round guys in good situations like Latimer, Street, Huff and Moncrief and he may not be the only Jag, but I'm a big Marquise Lee fan too...

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I like chrome and it's one of the few that I buy regularly. I can't figure out the secondary market on football this year. Lots of rookies having nice seasons but the single card pricing doesn't seem to reflect it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know [MENTION=3065]CollectorsCorner[/MENTION] is concerned there are too many auto RCs. There are 73 listed.

In comparison, there was 48 in the 2012 set...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
And some more update from Topps' FB info page:

Topps is pleased to announce that the redemption rate is less than 1%.

Along with all what is sure to be hot autographs in the product, Johnny “Money” Manziel has signed a number of his cards with the inscription “Money Manziel”.

DowntownBreaks

Jun 18, 2010
Kansas City
Yeah, there is a LOT of buzz flying around because of the higher production run and larger auto checklist. Some of it seems to be well-founded...but a lot of it is because there are MANY guys who bought 5-20 cases thinking they could flip them sealed...which unfortunately drove up production #'s....and put us in an interesting position.

The end result is this:

There will be some cheaper cases in the near term.
There will be some more expensive high-end parallel/refractor/variation autos...because odd's are tougher
There will be a lot of people wishing they would have jumped aboard this RC Class a long-time ago

Members online

Latest posts