Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^ Wednesday Morning Thread ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hey guys.

I had a rough night watching the A's lose and Dunn not make an appearance in 12 innings. Waking up to read a bunch of articles saying that Dunn is retiring also didn't help my mood much. BUT seeing this card arrive in the mail just now has certainly brightened my day...
View attachment 41348

Awesome Dunn logoman! I like those higher end cards that were in Unique minus the button cards. The buttons they took off of the jersey and just glued them onto the card. I was wondering, what team/jersey to you prefer Dunn to be in or does it even matter for you/your collection?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Atlantic salmon? Always this late in the year?

Morning everyone.

Ebay take the "counter offer" button out? I've offered on at least a half dozen items and not one have been countered. Declined and forgot about.
King Salmon. Usually they run the month of October but the last few years they been early so I went a week earlier than normal but it backfired. I just got home after cutting the trip short. I may shoot back up there for another round in a week or two. Kings, Coho, Steelhead and Brown trout all fill the river over the next month.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
That Dunn logo man 1/1 is nice!
Awesome Dunn logoman! I like those higher end cards that were in Unique minus the button cards. The buttons they took off of the jersey and just glued them onto the card. I was wondering, what team/jersey to you prefer Dunn to be in or does it even matter for you/your collection?

Thanks guys! I usually just stick to Dunn autos but this card was too nice to pass up for the price.

I absolutely agree with you about those button cards. Bleh. I much prefer Dunn to be pictured in a Reds uniform but I collect autos of him with all his teams. I was glad this Logo Man card had him pictured with the Reds even though he had already moved on to the Diamondbacks (2008) and Nationals (2009) by the time this card was released in 2009 Topps Unique. When it comes to my Dunn game used bat collection I only go for bats from his Reds days (currently up to 11 game used Dunn Reds bats).

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
King Salmon. Usually they run the month of October but the last few years they been early so I went a week earlier than normal but it backfired. I just got home after cutting the trip short. I may shoot back up there for another round in a week or two. Kings, Coho, Steelhead and Brown trout all fill the river over the next month.

Hmm. Our last pink run just finished up a couple weeks ago. Still have a few stragglers. They started in august, silvers around the same time. Maybe a few weeks earlier and kings start running early June

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Mail
20141001_152514-1.jpg

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Thanks guys! I usually just stick to Dunn autos but this card was too nice to pass up for the price.

I absolutely agree with you about those button cards. Bleh. I much prefer Dunn to be pictured in a Reds uniform but I collect autos of him with all his teams. I was glad this Logo Man card had him pictured with the Reds even though he had already moved on to the Diamondbacks (2008) and Nationals (2009) by the time this card was released in 2009 Topps Unique. When it comes to my Dunn game used bat collection I only go for bats from his Reds days (currently up to 11 game used Dunn Reds bats).

Sorry to hear about Dunn retiring. I literally cried when griffey retired. Had never done that before for any athlete.
Seems dunn could still swing a bat.. why not continue DH?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Evening friends.

Made it home. It down poured on the way over, had to slow down quite a bit because of visibility and a slick road. Going to raodtrip tomorrow as sort of a "mini-mini-mini-vacation," Then the studying begins.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Sorry to hear about Dunn retiring. I literally cried when griffey retired. Had never done that before for any athlete.
Seems dunn could still swing a bat.. why not continue DH?
It's tough news to hear for sure. I'm sure he can still play but I think he'd rather spend time with his young children. He's largely been healthy for his career and I hate to see him go out while still being able to play but I understand family comes first. He has a son that started having tons of seizures during the 2011 season and that seemed to take a toll on his playing ability.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the rendon, it came in yesterday.

Glad it made it there. It was such a good deal I had to grab it and you're the first guy that comes to mind when I see Nationals stuff, other than Denard Span of course :lol:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Stadium Club having SP cards and no serial numbers is a change of pace and I don't know what to bid or offer or BIN on some of these. Don't want to get stuck.

For example, Members Only have less than 10? Well that's what the eBay listing says but I don't know if that's a guess or what. Have no idea how to value lol

Damn new age baseball cards where every card is serial numbered screwing with my head.

Members online