Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
Haha, seriously. It's like a bunch of drug addicts dreaming of a long-lost fix! Lots of love fellow tek lovers, but he rang your collective Belles good. ;)

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I just got in a huge lot of 1998 Tek cards including about 100 diffractors across nearly all players. Local shop liquidating and got SUPER lucky :)

That said, I am ONLY trading. Also, you will need to find one of the Belle cards that I do not currently own. Good luck, I only own ~90% of all Belle cards that exist :) Send those PMs!!!

Congratulations on the huge Tek lot!

Dec 4, 2008
Nicely done! Sorry I made you pay more than you otherwise would - that lot could have sold cheaper. Hope you find lots of gems buried in there!

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for the warm reception :)

Would love to help others fill in their Tek holes, as I know the pain myself. Was able to help one collector do so.

Apologies to those that I've disappointed. Just because a deal isn't there now doesn't rule out a deal in the future. Chris

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Nicely done! Sorry I made you pay more than you otherwise would - that lot could have sold cheaper. Hope you find lots of gems buried in there!

Thanks! I'm hoping where there is smoke there might be fire. I picked up the other box he had with Mussina and Palmeiro. We'll see. It was a roll of the dice.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
The 1998 Topps TEK diffractor insanity continues with the 3 Griffeys (one a diffractor) going for $177.50..

Griffey Diffractors have routinely sold (on- and offline) in the $150 - $200 price range over the past 3 years; I think this is more of a norm than a trend.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Griffey Diffractors have routinely sold (on- and offline) in the $150 - $200 price range over the past 3 years; I think this is more of a norm than a trend.

Wow, really? I thought it was more like $100. I usually chuckle at togaman about saying prices are too high, but he might be right on this one. Zounds! :)

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Wow, really? I thought it was more like $100. I usually chuckle at togaman about saying prices are too high, but he might be right on this one. Zounds! :)
I wish $100 were the norm! Even with the reasonable estimated print run, seems like a classic case of popularity/demand of the set and player keeping Griffey's prices high.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston

Too high for ME... I'm a thrifty collector (most of the time except when its down to that last one or two to finish a set) ...lol... for me the fun is getting one cheap not the bragging rights to how much I paid for one. .

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
If you haven't taken note, all rare Griffeys have had a steady up arrow since 2011. This year they practically doubled over last year. I think Griffey is the Michael Jordan of 90s baseball players

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Thanks! I'm hoping where there is smoke there might be fire. I picked up the other box he had with Mussina and Palmeiro. We'll see. It was a roll of the dice.

So there was a Brady Diffractor in there pattern 75 which I did not have. YEAH! There was one Brady base pattern 57 not one I needed. Thought I was going to take a bath on the lot until a low numbered Will Clark card popped out. Might recoup cost.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So there was a Brady Diffractor in there pattern 75 which I did not have. YEAH! There was one Brady base pattern 57 not one I needed. Thought I was going to take a bath on the lot until a low numbered Will Clark card popped out. Might recoup cost.

And that Clark would be... PM me if you can.

Ryan

Dec 4, 2008
Well played on that dumpster diving! It was definitely not a gimme, glad that it will work out for you.

Members online

Latest posts