Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finalizing 25 man rosters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Now that ST comes to an end, teams are making the all important decisions to finalize their 25 man rosters. Are you happy with how your team is going into Opening Day? Any surprises? Disappointments? Guys you wish made it, or didn't?
Go!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I do not know what to expect from the Yankees this season. So many question marks. I was really looking forward to seeing Bryan Mitchell pitch a full season but a day after the announcement that he made the 25 man roster he is sidelined for three months with a fractured toe. I am not even sure how this happened. It will be fun to watch these young kids that made the roster though. Who knows...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
biting my nails to see if Cody Decker makes it (even though the Royals are not my team but I don't dislike watching them). I've seen tweets that seem like he's headed to Triple-A so I won't be surprised if he's the last man cut to make the 25 man limit.

as for other teams, it's hard for me to get excited in spring training as many people are clogging up the major league rosters just to provide some placeholders for the exhibition games. I'll get more excited about Dodgers and rockies rosters once we get a week or two into the season and see if the players on the 25 man roster seem to be worth being there or if they stink out of the gate and you wonder why they made the roster.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tyler Goeddel breaks camp with the Phillies - not bad for a Rule V pick. Former Rays prospect, who stock has risen dramatically.

Trevor Story breaks camp with the Rox - thanks to the Reyes incident and a great ST display.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I love seeing Chris Capuano back on the team with Milwaukee. He didn't have any options, and he pitched pretty well, so he was kind of an obvious choice at the end, but it's still fun to see.

I am still in disbelief that Will Smith will miss so much time because of getting injured putting his damn shoe on...

WaxPax

Now that ST comes to an end, teams are making the all important decisions to finalize their 25 man rosters. Are you happy with how your team is going into Opening Day? Any surprises? Disappointments? Guys you wish made it, or didn't?
Go!

Was hoping Matt Reynolds or TJ Rivera would break camp with the Mets

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using the Freedom Card board Mobile app

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I have no expectations of the Reds or the Indians this season.

As usual, the Reds failed to upgrade their pitching and well the Indians..... are just plain awful. But, they are my teams and I will cheer them on.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I love seeing Chris Capuano back on the team with Milwaukee. He didn't have any options, and he pitched pretty well, so he was kind of an obvious choice at the end, but it's still fun to see.

He was awful for the Yankees but I read he's a super nice guy and does a lot for kids so I'll root for him

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
He was awful for the Yankees but I read he's a super nice guy and does a lot for kids so I'll root for him

It's been awhile since my days of frequently attending/graphing the stadium but Cappy was indeed the nicest, most down to earth guy you'd want to meet. Very happy for him as well and I think he'll be a good presence for the young guys

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It's been awhile since my days of frequently attending/graphing the stadium but Cappy was indeed the nicest, most down to earth guy you'd want to meet. Very happy for him as well and I think he'll be a good presence for the young guys

Plus, with that pick-off move, he'd be the best guy to bring in with runners on base.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Still hoping Drury makes the cut, especially now that ******* has landed on the DL. He's been playing the outfield lately but not well enough to be an outfielder starter. Luckily he can play 2nd & 3rd base plenty well. His versatility is a valuable commodity.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I have no expectations of the Reds or the Indians this season.

As usual, the Reds failed to upgrade their pitching and well the Indians..... are just plain awful. But, they are my teams and I will cheer them on.

Please explain how the Indians are "awful". Best pitching staff in the league, upgraded power, and a full year from Lindor and Gomes.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
By The Numbers: Brandon Drury major league rankings
1st Doubles (10)
1st Runs (18)
2nd Total Bases (52)
2nd XBH (15)
4th Hits (28)
7th slg% (.732)
10th OPS (1.161)

By The Numbers: Brandon Drury team rankings
1st Runs (18)
1st Doubles (10)
1st XBH (15)
1st Total Bases (52)
1st At-Bats (72)
2nd Slg% (.732)
3rd Hits (28)
3rd HR (4)
4th Avg (.394)
4th OBP (.429)
4th OPS (1.161)
6th RBI (13)

You simply can't send this kid to the minors, especially since he's been one of our best players this Spring and even among the majors. Get er done D-Backs front office!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
By The Numbers: Brandon Drury major league rankings
1st Doubles (10)
1st Runs (18)
2nd Total Bases (52)
2nd XBH (15)
4th Hits (28)
7th slg% (.732)
10th OPS (1.161)

By The Numbers: Brandon Drury team rankings
1st Runs (18)
1st Doubles (10)
1st XBH (15)
1st Total Bases (52)
1st At-Bats (72)
2nd Slg% (.732)
3rd Hits (28)
3rd HR (4)
4th Avg (.394)
4th OBP (.429)
4th OPS (1.161)
6th RBI (13)

You simply can't send this kid to the minors, especially since he's been one of our best players this Spring and even among the majors. Get er done D-Backs front office!

As you wish.

Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro
Brandon Drury played his way onto the team. "He kind of busted the door down," Hale said.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
I do not know what to expect from the Yankees this season. So many question marks. I was really looking forward to seeing Bryan Mitchell pitch a full season but a day after the announcement that he made the 25 man roster he is sidelined for three months with a fractured toe. I am not even sure how this happened. It will be fun to watch these young kids that made the roster though. Who knows...

They still got Beltran? Is he one of the starting outfielders as of now? Kind of miss him in St.Louis :/

Members online

Latest posts