Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

----------Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY morning thread------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning all. Don't post much now since work blocked FCB. I read the threads from time to time, but just have kind of felt like taking a break from cards since December. I did go to a card show yesterday. Scored a killer Duke Snider patch / nickname auto from 2004 Prime Cuts. Also in negotiations on an original 1907 Cap Anson photo previously unknown. Team photo of his semi-pro team Anson's Colts.

Hey Brad!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning all. Don't post much now since work blocked FCB. I read the threads from time to time, but just have kind of felt like taking a break from cards since December. I did go to a card show yesterday. Scored a killer Duke Snider patch / nickname auto from 2004 Prime Cuts. Also in negotiations on an original 1907 Cap Anson photo previously unknown. Team photo of his semi-pro team Anson's Colts.

Card Show Brad???? Where in IL was a show?
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]
Dustin I see you got your package yesterday :D

Last edited:

SlackRabbit

Jan 10, 2015
hi all!! Hope everyone has a great week!! Last week, I had some of the best luck I've ever had when it comes to cards. Earlier in the week i hit a De'Anthony Thomas Super Bowl Ticket 1/1 auto out of Contenders. Yesterday i hit these:

#d 20/25

#d 71/99

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning been awhile... can't do much but surf the web we are buried in yet another blizzard and another foot of snow for the 2nd straight week.. I'm so sick of shoveling already and honestly wish I could move to somewhere further down the east coast that the snow never touches and just start over but its just not that easy.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
[MENTION=12128]SlackRabbit[/MENTION] buy a lottery ticket would you.

Yo Paul........Yeah winter has blown ass this year for sure for the right coasters.....We had ours about 2/3 weeks ago.....But now it has been colder then it should be around here

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

I was wondering where the other FCB card detective went, glad to see you posting again

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning all!

Good to see ya Brad! Sometimes a self imposed slow down is in order. Pretty awesome you found a picture of Cap, interested in seeing the patch too.
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], I have plenty of coffee. You care for French vanilla or Mexican spice creamer? Plain Ole half and half and sugar if you like that. I'll baby sit. Love babys.
I'm at the age where guys start having kids, youngest is 14 on march. Thankfully my niece is 4 months old Soni get my fix. She just rolled over for the first time last night!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning all!

Good to see ya Brad! Sometimes a self imposed slow down is in order. Pretty awesome you found a picture of Cap, interested in seeing the patch too.
[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], I have plenty of coffee. You care for French vanilla or Mexican spice creamer? Plain Ole half and half and sugar if you like that. I'll baby sit. Love babys.
I'm at the age where guys start having kids, youngest is 14 on march. Thankfully my niece is 4 months old Soni get my fix. She just rolled over for the first time last night!

Unfortunately, I don't like coffee... :(
The wife's parents are coming tonight , my parents tomorrow, maybe we will be able to get a nap in, but hey, if you want to babysit, just buy us a couple plane tickets to Alaska, and we will come visit, and you can babysit as much as you like, haha

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Unfortunately, I don't like coffee... :(
The wife's parents are coming tonight , my parents tomorrow, maybe we will be able to get a nap in, but hey, if you want to babysit, just buy us a couple plane tickets to Alaska, and we will come visit, and you can babysit as much as you like, haha

Hahahaha
GF keeps plenty of tea around as well. Think there's 6 different boxes. I'll get on that ;)
Two grandma's coming? You probably won't see the kid

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Heading back to school today. Have 6 topps mini boxes waiting for me there

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Good morning all. Heading back to school today. Have 6 topps mini boxes waiting for me there

Your away from school alot, is that normal?

Guy on BO asked how everyone stored the pc. Thought I'd share my cabinet. Bought it off a retired teacher last year. Hope to refinish it and paint it, possibly with a mariners logo or batman emblem over the doors. Redo the hardware obviously.

Attachments

• 1424025569010.jpg
    1424025569010.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1424025578957.jpg
    1424025578957.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 10

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Yo Paul........Yeah winter has blown ass this year for sure for the right coasters.....We had ours about 2/3 weeks ago.....But now it has been colder then it should be around here

They are saying as low as 30 below zero possible for here tomorrow..Ive been through alot of winters but damn Feb has been rough here this year. we've already set records for snowfall in a month and not even halfway yet.

They cancelled the dogsledding in Alaska due to lack of snow.. reschedule it anywhere here in the northeast and you could have it from now until March possibly even April with what is still be predcited to fall.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Your away from school alot, is that normal?

Guy on BO asked how everyone stored the pc. Thought I'd share my cabinet. Bought it off a retired teacher last year. Hope to refinish it and paint it, possibly with a mariners logo or batman emblem over the doors. Redo the hardware obviously.

Most semesters, no. But this semester I'm done with classes at 9 AM on Wednesday mornings, making it tough for me to want to stay around for pretty much a 5 day weekend. If I had class on Fridays, I would be here most weekends. But my girlfriend wanted to go home this past weekend and go out for dinner back home since there are more options, so I had to go :lol: I'll probably going home again early this coming week, but part of that is because of school. I have to do some classroom observation hours, and the professor in charge of it, didn't have enough teachers to get us all in this month. Its broken down into 3 sessions, and we are supposed to do a total of 75 hours between these three sessions. Well, she only has a teacher for me to observe the third session. I'm hoping to hear back from the teacher and principal back home early this week about whether or not I can do 40-50 hours of observations at the high school back home, otherwise it would leave me with a month to do 75 hours of observations

Members online

Latest posts