Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You can call me The Baseball Card Magician

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I bought a box of 1994 Stadium Club a couple of years ago and almost all of the cards were stuck together when I opened the packs. About a third of them were damaged when I pulled them apart.

I only spent $5 on the box at a thrift store, but it still sucked.

I'm glad I keep my sets in plastic sheets, because those of you who keep their sets stored in boxes probably have large bricks of cards stuck together. (I check my binders and the glossy cards don't stick to Ultra Pro pages, thank goodness)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The real magic trick is how to separate the cards without surface gloss loss!

1993 Leaf stuck in packs that I opened. Some came apart fine, a few had surface issues. I tried all sorts of tricks that I think was mentioned in another thread here and never found a good solution. If you have a heat gun, that would be a fun try to see if you can soften the glossy surface enough to separate the cards even though it still may exhibit surface issues.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
That brick of cards could be the "cornerstone" of your collection!

Thank you, thank you...don't forget to tip your waitresses.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I have a couple 800 count boxes of 2001 NFL Wild Card. I ran across them the other day. When I opened the boxes I have two solid bricks of cards. Luckily they aren't worth anything so I might use the this Winter as a starter log in the fireplace. Hopefully the fumes won't kill me.

Someone told me a long time ago that if you put cards that are stuck together in the freezer over night they will come apart better. I don't know if this works. I might try it with the Wild Card bricks.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
The bricks like 92 ultra baseball I bought trying to get gwynn autograph. What if I got. Would of been ruined. I use those for when I sell cards as safety. Someone getting there card safe other than keeping them is worth more than the cards. Or sometimes me and the kids play flip cards with them like the old days, that’s actually a lot of fun and actually not flipping 86 fleer Roger Clemons and Barry bonds around like I did. Lol. Especially at the peak of grading.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

pandes

Jul 9, 2018
Tagged. This is going to be good
o.png

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Someone told me a long time ago that if you put cards that are stuck together in the freezer over night they will come apart better. I don't know if this works. I might try it with the Wild Card bricks.

didnt' work for me and 1993 leaf.

I may have to take a small stack of damaged 1993 leaf cards that I didn't toss yet, cement them back together again by clamping them together for awhile, and try the heat gun idea (thinking the heat will soften the surface gloss enough to separate them again).

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
didnt' work for me and 1993 leaf.

I may have to take a small stack of damaged 1993 leaf cards that I didn't toss yet, cement them back together again by clamping them together for awhile, and try the heat gun idea (thinking the heat will soften the surface gloss enough to separate them again).
Thanks! Good to know. I won't be trying it.

Members online