Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro's Awesome Gift To Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Awesome story and truly a class act. When the Mariners were in D.C. this past season, he had dinner each night at the restaurant my wife works at. The last night he came in he brought a bat he had used in one of the games and gave it either to the owner or the head chef, can't remember which one. Nice guy.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
He was always a class act in Minnesota. I tried for the better part of three years getting him to sign in Target Field. He would always laugh at my attempts in Japanese to get his attention and would throw me baseballs way short and try and get me to jump down and get them in right field wall where the wall starts to go up. He started walking my way but then BP was over so he looked at me and shrugged his shoulda and laughed and ran in to the IF. I know he is impossible almost to get IP but he always made it seem he liked the attention he got while in Minnesota.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Ichiro is a class act. An incredible gesture on his part. I've always thought highly of him, and this elevated that even further. I have much respect for him.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have seen him interact with this lady at Safeco before, and when the M's started out the season over in Japan, she took her Ichi-Meter with her..

There is a lady that comes into the card shop and this year was probably the first spring training she has missed due to her work and her moving. She was one of a few ladies that go down every year and the players actually look forward to seeing them.. Since she didn't make it down, and she had a birthday during spring training, she was shocked that when the other ladies got back, they handed her a large envelope. It was a Seattle Mariners Birthday Card that was personalized to her from all the players including Ichiro.. A class act.. reminds me of Griffey when he was here and the stuff he did for the kids that was never reported in the media as he wanted to keep it quiet..

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
His hand-writing is sick. Love it.
It is nice handwriting, but did Ichiro write it, or did his assistant?
Here's Ichiro's handwriting on a check.
Regardless, incredible gesture by one of my favorite players.
$(KGrHqNHJBUFBS7B8p31BQYdMeuivg~~60_35.JPG

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
It is nice handwriting, but did Ichiro write it, or did his assistant?
Here's Ichiro's handwriting on a check.
Regardless, incredible gesture by one of my favorite players.
$%28KGrHqNHJBUFBS7B8p31BQYdMeuivg%7E%7E60_35.JPG

None of Ichiro's signatures look like that on any of his cards or signings, so I'm assuming that he has a different signature for official documents and a different signature for the hobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts