Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~ Tuesday Morning Thread ~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
DID THIS DIPXXXX REALLY CUT UP DIZZY DEAN JERSEY CARDS TO INSERT INTO THIS PIECE OF CRAP?!?!??!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dizzy-Dean-Piece-of-Game-Used-Uniform-Relic-137-8x10-Photo-Collage-/221411865886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338d2cf51e

*looks at his other auctions*

Yeeaaaaaapppppp

Way to go, *******.
You know what's funny though... that picture with it presented that way is probably A LOT more valuable (sale price wise) than the baseball card. IMO I feel like some people out there have no idea what the baseball card hobby has turned into and if they saw something like this, they'd jump on it. For example, my old boss is a huge Pete Rose fan... if I gave him a game used jersey card, he would of flipped his sh!t thinking it was extremely rare or expensive.... this is basically no different.

Just my thought. Still think it's pretty stupid but I could see people do more of this with crappy memo cards and making them into similar type pieces.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
You know what's funny though... that picture with it presented that way is probably A LOT more valuable (sale price wise) than the baseball card. IMO I feel like some people out there have no idea what the baseball card hobby has turned into and if they saw something like this, they'd jump on it. For example, my old boss is a huge Pete Rose fan... if I gave him a game used jersey card, he would of flipped his sh!t thinking it was extremely rare or expensive.... this is basically no different.

Just my thought. Still think it's pretty stupid but I could see people do more of this with crappy memo cards and making them into similar type pieces.

I would be all over something like this if it was Dawson and it was done better, I'm on mobile and don't have a good picture to look at, but on my phone it doesn't look like it was done very well

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm not speaking to what it looks like but more about how it is presented. I mean I can buy a simple Belle jersey for a few dollars... if there was an 8x10 of a nice picture of Belle and then it had a circle with a "game used" piece of his jersey on it, that's pretty cool if you didn't already have an axe to grind with the hobby and mass blasting out crappy jersey cards for a few dollars in sale value. Just saying... for some reason when I see it presented this way it makes you actually think more about it being "game used" when for some collectors, when they see the cards, they just think "just another jersey card"

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well the thought of me getting much sleep tonight just went out the window. Woke up about 20 minutes ago from a nap. I went to lay down for just a few minutes and then before you know it, it's been 1.5-2 hours :lol:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Great night at the ballpark tonight and also a great night for some in person autographing. Will update the IP thread tomorrow.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Great night at the ballpark tonight and also a great night for some in person autographing. Will update the IP thread tomorrow.

How can you leave me hanging like this!? I wanna know what you got!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Not Rochester tonight buddy, I only got those silly Blue Jay farm hands tonight

But I must say I think Munenori Kawasaki is my new favorite player, and he didn't even play today.

I knew it wasn't the Red Wings, I just enjoy seeing everybody's IP autos since I can't get them myself :lol: And I'm a huge Kawasaki fan myself. Last summer on our vacation, when we went to the Blue Jays @ White Sox game, we got there early so I could graph (came up empty handed, only 2-3 guys signed) Kawasaki was playing catch with some of the fans that showed up early with their gloves. He was pointing where he wanted them to throw it. Unfortunately he didn't sign afterwards :(

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
And my condolences go out to the fans of The Ultimate Warrior. He was before my time, but I know he was a big deal. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I did hear that he just made a few appearances. [MENTION=3743]AmishDave[/MENTION]

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I knew it wasn't the Red Wings, I just enjoy seeing everybody's IP autos since I can't get them myself :lol: And I'm a huge Kawasaki fan myself. Last summer on our vacation, when we went to the Blue Jays @ White Sox game, we got there early so I could graph (came up empty handed, only 2-3 guys signed) Kawasaki was playing catch with some of the fans that showed up early with their gloves. He was pointing where he wanted them to throw it. Unfortunately he didn't sign afterwards :(

Well, then you have something to look forward to tomorrow. I'm not even home yet and I'm beyond beat. I will definitely post tomorrow when I get a chance to go through them and see what I even got myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts