Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~~~Friday Morning Thread~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Morning all.

From late last night MT:

@gracecollector I know you're a Don Zimmer guy, and I saw this. Thought it was a pretty cool piece

$_57.JPG

Yep, saw that too. I've been looking for that unsigned UD / B.A.T. Company Sheet for over a year with no luck. Wish I could find it! Lots of nice signatures on that for $125 (Ford, Spahn, Gibson, etc.) but not something I'll go after.

My current debate is if I accept a counteroffer of $70 for this 1914 postcard (listed at $95, I offered $50, he says $70 is his best). How awesome would this look framed with the special 100th Anniversary Game plastic ticket and maybe a photo and hat pin from the game on April 23 I'm going to?

$_57.JPG

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
G'morning fellas. We rarely get to see the finish products at work, because there's four different building spread out across a few square miles. The owner of this one flew in yesterday for some maintenance. This was a special order paint scheme that out plant did for him.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1397226921.150271.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Doing okay Zach, staying busy. You?

Keeping busy myself. With there being three weeks of class left, and then finals week, things are starting to get a little hectic as far as classwork goes. Everything just seems to keep piling up, not matter how quickly I get done with one thing got another thing to do. Granted, I should probably spend less time on the forums than I do, but as long as I get everything done, I'm not too worried :lol: I have to get all my card time in now since once summer starts I'll have less time to spend hanging with you guys

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'm the most impatient person in the world. When I'm waiting for a $4000 card, I'm going nuts. Out for delivery, so hopefully by lunch I'll pick it up

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning.. just in case you missed this in the news yesterday..

http://seattletimes.com/html/busine..._boeingcasengineeringxml.html?syndication=rss

This really sucks Pete. For those business people stating there is a shortage of skilled workers, that's all BS. There is plenty of skilled workers, but not at ages 25-30. It's all about the almightly dollar, and finding cheaper labor.

However, some employees said the move seems intended to nudge out older, higher-paid workers and at the same time weaken the engineering union. They questioned how Boeing’s decision fits with the $9 billion in tax breaks the company obtained from the state last year.

Another point is that how can Boeing do this after receiving the $9B in tax breaks?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
How'd you resolve the insurance issue? Which carrier/insurer did you go with?

Ha...I went through PayPal checkout trying to get his name so I could get the cashiers check. Guess I wasn't paying attention, hit confirm, and got a message saying I just sent an E-Check for $4103. In an account that hhad maybe $250 in it. UH OH. Luckily, the guy was cool and cancelled the transaction. Didn't want to get a check and overdraw my acct by thousands. Here it is

jka7f7.jpg

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
That's a solid pick-up Will. When Barry sees this he'll probably puke. All 9.5 subs, nice.

I received my 150 grading order yesterday, I was really surprised in the sub-grades on the majority of the cards. Lots of all 9.5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online