Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===========Sunday morning Thread!!!!==============¥

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Yea offering is a weird game on COMCs. There is also a limit too that you can offer on one item right?

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

There is a limit, though I can't remember how it works as I've never reached it.

I consider myself a reasonable offerer, and at least 95% of my offers end up in a sale. It's very frustrating when a "the seller has set a minimum offer" message comes up, you meet his minimum, then they still counter or reject.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Yea offering is a weird game on COMCs. There is also a limit too that you can offer on one item right?

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Do you mean a limit on the % discount you can offer? Cuz that's wrong, the lowest % price off youre allowed to offer is based off of each individual seller.

Do you mean a limit on the # of times you can offer on one card? That, I don't know, but I do know I haggled back and forth a LOT when i picked up a susac blue auto on CoMC....i had to have sent at least 4-5 counters

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
This is sitting on a desk at UD Headquarters...........
udnick.jpg

That is so cool

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I learned yesterday morning that I'm related to a professional boxer. I believe he was my great-great uncle.

I did some quick google searches and didn't come up with anything, but next time I see the family, I'll ask about it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Do you mean a limit on the % discount you can offer? Cuz that's wrong, the lowest % price off youre allowed to offer is based off of each individual seller.

Partially correct. 50% is the minimum offer on the asking price across the site, however sellers can raise the minimum percent offer from 51-100% of the asking price.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Partially correct. 50% is the minimum offer on the asking price across the site, however sellers can raise the minimum percent offer from 51-100% of the asking price.

Thanks for the clarification! I actually dont think Ive ever offered less than than 50% asking price on CoMC haha!!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Waiting in lobby of hotel and an older man walks up to counter . " I want to check in" lady replies " do you prefer a floor " his reply " I prefer a room " . I about fell over

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Waiting in lobby of hotel and an older man walks up to counter . " I want to check in" lady replies " do you prefer a floor " his reply " I prefer a room " . I about fell over

Are you sure that this "older man" wasn't you Barry?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013

Did he sharply and quickly come back with it? My grandpa does it to everything and everyone all the time, and it gets me everytime.

I was eating dinner at his house one night, and we were watchign the giants game. The phone rang and a telemarketer was on the other end. They obviously said something like "Hello Mr. XXXXX, I'm XXXXX at XXXXX, how are you doing this evening?" Cuz he proceeded as thus:

"Well thank you for asking XXXXX, I went to the doctor earlier today. It was just going to be a routine physical but my doctor suggested I get a Colonoscopy. I told him I had time so he went ahead and set it up. Damn, did i forget how much it hurts when the rod first goes into........." They obviously hung up on him cuz he shugged and hung up the phone. Looking back at the TV he grunted, "Well if she's not sincere about wondering how I am, then I don't need their damn crap."

I giggled so hard i peed.

"Hey Grandpa how are you."

"Well, if you have 2 hours to spare I could tell you all of my problems."

Every time without fail that's his response, and i always genuinely laugh.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
So is pretty standard for Skype to be a HUGE memory hog, take forever to load, and for the audio to sound choppy and XXXXty?

I've never used the video chat feature for myself, but I've helped others set it up and have seen them use it, and it's never been a problem.

I think I've only done it on a laptop once though. iFad's work decent with it.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Finally finished 89 Topps products. Card count is up to 34,661. About to start 90 Topps products. Anyone know what I should look for when looking for a 90 Bowman airbrushed card?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
So is pretty standard for Skype to be a HUGE memory hog, take forever to load, and for the audio to sound choppy and XXXXty?

It does use a lot of memory, but not more than any modern era computer cant handle. My new computer (June 2013) is overclocked, clean, and super super fast, so my skype will load fully in about 2-3 seconds, but on the computer before this (a custom I built in 2009) took nearly a minute to fully load skype and would freeze occasionally.

As for the sound, I don't have any problems with it sounding "XXXXty", i think the quality is amazing, but that may be because, again, I have an awesome sound card and a $150 gaming headphone/mic (and skype with everyone else who have gaming rigs and gaming headphones.) I don't remember if the sound was bad on my old computer, i didnt use it much at all cuz of how bad it lagged.

As for "choppy" that has to do with connections, not necessary with your computer (I may be wrong, but I think that's the case.) If you're using a weak wifi signal on one endit causes a weak signal overall and the sound/video suffers.

Again, everything I and the people I communicate with on skype have top end competive gaming computers and are hardwired into top internet services, so my whole post may be useless, I now realize >.<

But yah, if its laggy, crappy, and sounds bad probably has to do with an older computer on someones end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts