Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The month is still young. More crazy **** will pop up. Let the brokening begin!

Already broke! It's Christmas time. Bad time for this stuff to hit. I can assure you people are leaving money on the table left and right. Maybe after Christmas....

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I thought the '92s had variations mixed with the "winners" parallel but I just noticed there is a run of the regular '92s and a seperate run of the 92 winners cards. This is getting out of hand.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I can assure you people are leaving money on the table left and right. Maybe after Christmas....

I really am 50/50 on this. I agree, but at the same time I don't. Your point is valid, but then I think about the parent or family member that wants to wow someone in their family with the best, most recent, Big time autograph of their favorite star under the tree Christmas morning and maybe pay top dollar to land it.

I really like like seeing the K Mart, 1990 Topps, and Stadium Club autographs in this. It's too cool.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I thought the '92s had variations mixed with the "winners" parallel but I just noticed there is a run of the regular '92s and a seperate run of the 92 winners cards. This is getting out of hand.

Out of hand is right! I've also catalogued (from ebay listings) a couple of Olerud cards that have different print runs for the same card! 1992 Topps Gold Winner can be found /31 and /102, while 2002 Topps has /10 and /15 versions.

My checklist is up to 29 different Oleruds, with more popping up on ebay by the day.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Out of hand is right! I've also catalogued (from ebay listings) a couple of Olerud cards that have different print runs for the same card! 1992 Topps Gold Winner can be found /31 and /102, while 2002 Topps has /10 and /15 versions.

My checklist is up to 29 different Oleruds, with more popping up on ebay by the day.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Sounds like a player collectors nightmare!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
just got ass ***** on a group break of this stuff. bought 3 spots.

Only hit worth more than the $45 buy in was the griffey redemption that had an omar vizquel on the back. (no i didnt get this)

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Watched two case breaks on youtube and both had exact same cards....

Firehand and ChrisBreaks (or something)

I mean player for player and card for card the exact same cards. There was a Orlando Cepeda /2 and they both hit the 1 and 2 respectively. It was so weird that I didn't watch another.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
just got ass ***** on a group break of this stuff. bought 3 spots.

Only hit worth more than the $45 buy in was the griffey redemption that had an omar vizquel on the back. (no i didnt get this)

I knew I missed the Griffey...was hoping you got it. I ended up with a Bagwell /7 and some other junk. Very weak case outside of that Griffey.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I knew I missed the Griffey...was hoping you got it. I ended up with a Bagwell /7 and some other junk. Very weak case outside of that Griffey.

What bagwell was it? I may be interested in buying it. PM me

Dan

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I really am 50/50 on this. I agree, but at the same time I don't. Your point is valid, but then I think about the parent or family member that wants to wow someone in their family with the best, most recent, Big time autograph of their favorite star under the tree Christmas morning and maybe pay top dollar to land it.

I really like like seeing the K Mart, 1990 Topps, and Stadium Club autographs in this. It's too cool.

Is this what folks would consider the "best, most recent, Big time autograph" of anyone? This is geared more towards player collectors who've always wanted a particular card signed. Best of both worlds. You get what amounts to an IP auto that's technically certified. And apparently, if it's any card released in the last bajillion years, it's in this product. Granted I'm biased, to a degree, considering what time of year it is. But, I'll sleep ok knowing how ridiculous this is in and of it's own right. Not many things have deterred me from trying to collect every Bagwell out there. Not the 7,000 cards he has, the fact that his average auto price is more (by double in most cases if not more) than the HOF'er team mate of his, or the ridiculous parallel madness that exists. But this kinda takes the cake. Not upset or anything:p. I will pick up a few here and there. But this really does leave me shaking my head. Hopefully it's not repeated. If so, hopefully it has an actual theme...

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
What bagwell was it? I may be interested in buying it. PM me

Dan

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Honestly not sure. You can see it if you go to RipKings videos. I will not have it in hand until next week sometime. [MENTION=11879]Rip Kings[/MENTION] can you post a pic of the Bagwell from the Archives break?

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
My take on this is that as a player collector who wants them all is that it really frustrates me they don't have a dang checklist. Do they have 5 one of one's or 20? What about 1 of 2 and 3s? Out of 5? Heck, we have no idea how many options there are yet.

I think they did shoot themselves in the foot with a Christmas release...I believe people are more apt to buy for themselves as opposed to others buying for them. Everyone in my family knows I'm a baseball nut, but that would usually translate into a baseball clock or something and not cards since they don't know what I like.

As for value, I think it will be hot, then prices will go down, and singles will command more money down the road after they dry up. There are only 10,000 cards or so in this release total, so I'm sure these will go fairly fast.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
My take on this is that as a player collector who wants them all is that it really frustrates me they don't have a dang checklist. Do they have 5 one of one's or 20? What about 1 of 2 and 3s? Out of 5? Heck, we have no idea how many options there are yet.

I think they did shoot themselves in the foot with a Christmas release...I believe people are more apt to buy for themselves as opposed to others buying for them. Everyone in my family knows I'm a baseball nut, but that would usually translate into a baseball clock or something and not cards since they don't know what I like.

As for value, I think it will be hot, then prices will go down, and singles will command more money down the road after they dry up. There are only 10,000 cards or so in this release total, so I'm sure these will go fairly fast.

Well, my family would have a very tough time buying me cards. I've gotten to the point where I really feel they wouldn't be able to find me anything I'm after(I'm too damn picky). Look how hard it is for us to figure out what we're even after.

Christmas was a bad time, I agree big time on that. The cards will cool. Not sure how much they go up considering what they are, even if 1/1's. Checklist would be nice but I gave up on a current checklist for Bagwell stuff because they've decided to add him to every single new set it seems. I can't even fathom how the Griffey and Ripken collectors feel trying to keep up with new cards every year. It'll be the year 2532 and the 2532 Topps base set will have Ripken and Griffey cards, parallels, and inserts, with brand new manufactured patches and gu cards(yes I really do believe they'd try to claim they still have plenty of GU'd material even 500 plus years after both retired!).:eek:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Well, my family would have a very tough time buying me cards. I've gotten to the point where I really feel they wouldn't be able to find me anything I'm after(I'm too damn picky). Look how hard it is for us to figure out what we're even after.

Christmas was a bad time, I agree big time on that. The cards will cool. Not sure how much they go up considering what they are, even if 1/1's. Checklist would be nice but I gave up on a current checklist for Bagwell stuff because they've decided to add him to every single new set it seems. I can't even fathom how the Griffey and Ripken collectors feel trying to keep up with new cards every year. It'll be the year 2532 and the 2532 Topps base set will have Ripken and Griffey cards, parallels, and inserts, with brand new manufactured patches and gu cards(yes I really do believe they'd try to claim they still have plenty of GU'd material even 500 plus years after both retired!).:eek:

I could be way off base on ... well ... everything, but I do know that if Donruss recollection cards come up from a decade+ ago, they are a bit spendy, just because they never come up. There are several cards in this release that are /1 /2 /3 /4 so who knows ... then again, they may just flood the heck out of the market with variety. Still wish I could see a checklist!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I could be way off base on ... well ... everything, but I do know that if Donruss recollection cards come up from a decade+ ago, they are a bit spendy, just because they never come up. There are several cards in this release that are /1 /2 /3 /4 so who knows ... then again, they may just flood the heck out of the market with variety. Still wish I could see a checklist!

I think your off in that this was a BuyBack only release, meaning you buy a pack you get one. Recollection Autos were randomly distributed in packs and tough to pull.

***That doesn't mean these wont have interest

Ryan

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts