Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MICHAEL YOUNG is next - possibly PHILLIES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
How is he a cancer, he knows how to hit and play the game right. Other than contract what other stuff, I probably am not privy to.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A clubhouse cancer.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you have some inside information other than just "I heard...", because every report from Dallas (I'm originally from there so I read Rangers reports almost every day) says he's a clubhouse leader and respected. Even Josh Hamilton said he looks to Young for leadership and as a role model.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
He's Hamilton's drug mule.

Your a moron!

Young has been model Ranger most of his career. The last couple with the Rangers FINALLY competing for something the GM has wanted to trade him off. Why I don't know but give MY credit for complaining that he wants to be playing not riding the pine and be around to play for a contender vs getting traded to the Rockies a couple years ago and the Phillies.
He should be the last guy the Rangers try and trade and I find it a bit disrespectful on the front office's part. Guy has one more year just let him play it out and retire a Ranger on his terms. He has moved positions 4 times to make the club better.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Your a moron!

Young has been model Ranger most of his career. The last couple with the Rangers FINALLY competing for something the GM has wanted to trade him off. Why I don't know but give MY credit for complaining that he wants to be playing not riding the pine and be around to play for a contender vs getting traded to the Rockies a couple years ago and the Phillies.
He should be the last guy the Rangers try and trade and I find it a bit disrespectful on the front office's part. Guy has one more year just let him play it out and retire a Ranger on his terms. He has moved positions 4 times to make the club better.

(sigh)

pab00a

Dec 6, 2010
What I find to be the saddest part in the inevitable Michael Young departure (via trade or another avenue) is the Rangers won't have a franchise legend who was a Ranger for life. Nolan came and finished his playing career with the Rangers, Pudge signed with the Marlins, now MY is most likely traded to the Phillies. I understand that major league baseball is a business, but I'd really like to see the Rangers someday commit to making someone a Ranger for life.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
What I find to be the saddest part in the inevitable Michael Young departure (via trade or another avenue) is the Rangers won't have a franchise legend who was a Ranger for life. Nolan came and finished his playing career with the Rangers, Pudge signed with the Marlins, now MY is most likely traded to the Phillies. I understand that major league baseball is a business, but I'd really like to see the Rangers someday commit to making someone a Ranger for life.

It really does take away a lot of the excitement when a longtime player of your own team whom you THOUGHT was going to be with the team until retirement suddenly wears a different uniform, doesn't it? I felt the same way about Mark Buehrle...thought he was gonna be a White Sox for life and then he bailed for all that mess in south Florida. You get emotionally invested in some of these players as if they are close friends, you buy their jersey, start a PC of them, and then they vanish.

I'm not a big Rangers fan, but if I had to guess, I'd say Young is one of THOSE kind of players whom the fans see as friend/family. Should be tough to see him go. I hear the White Sox may need a 3rd baseman...I'd love to snag Young before the Phillies do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

WaxPax

I heard Young exercised his 10/5 rights and nixed the deal to Philly....was that bad info?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I'm Michael Young, I don't understand why you wouldn't accept the trade. You are on the cusp of a HOF career, but you need a good 3 FULL years to achieve it. You are not going to start every day in Texas for the next three years.

Phillies will be a contender, you get to start @ 3rd every game. Inch closer to 3,000 hits.

I'm sure it's hard for him to think of himself in another uniform....but if I'm his agent, I'm pressing him to accept this trade. He could get his ring in Philly and help his status as a HOF candidate.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I would veto a trade! Who the hell wants to go to COLD Philly! He would freeze to death. He is far from a club house cancer. He has done what the club has asked of him. Sometimes you just have to say STICK IT!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Time and time again he has done what was asked of him and yet the Rangers still want to get rid of him. He must love Texas and the fans or I don't know why he would want to stay with an organization that has made it clear they don't care whether or not he sticks around

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Ranger fan, and Young is my favorite Ranger, I'm extremely conflicted.
I want him to play his entire career as a Ranger, but he won't get full playing time if he stays.

The only way he can reach 3,000 hits is if he's a starter
He hit .338 with 213 hits and 103 rbi in 2011, so i'm hoping the mediocre 2012 was just an anomaly.

He only needs to average 160 hits a season for five years to reach 3,000, which is easy for him. He hasn't had as low as 160 hits since his first full season in 2002.

He turned 36 after the season so the next five seasons he'll be 36, 37, 38, 39, 40.
I can see Young hitting great past age 40+ like Paul Molitor. He just needs a chance to play full time.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
As a Ranger fan, and Young is my favorite Ranger, I'm extremely conflicted.
I want him to play his entire career as a Ranger, but he won't get full playing time if he stays.

The only way he can reach 3,000 hits is if he's a starter
He hit .338 with 213 hits and 103 rbi in 2011, so i'm hoping the mediocre 2012 was just an anomaly.

He only needs to average 160 hits a season for five years to reach 3,000, which is easy for him. He hasn't had as low as 160 hits since his first full season in 2002.

He turned 36 after the season so the next five seasons he'll be 36, 37, 38, 39, 40.
I can see Young hitting great past age 40+ like Paul Molitor. He just needs a chance to play full time.

I've always said he was like Paul Molitor. I can see him playing 3B for Philly for 2-3 years then being a DH for another year or two....no reason why he won't have HOF numbers after that.

Members online

Latest posts