Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay buyer idiocy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I haven't posted one of these in a while, but for your entertainment value:

from the buyer - Got the card and the slab case was busted and cracked! Please Lmk what you plan on doing

my response - please send the card back to (my address) and I will refund you in full upon receipt.

his response -
Im not sending back until I'm refunded, or you can do a paypal refund so I can keep the card

my response - i'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way, please go into your ebay and request a return, and you can print a label to return the card.

Keep in mind - I double-bag all my slabs, so while it's feasible the slab got cracked due to USPS's shoddy handling - this is the first time I've had one crack in transit in a long time.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You're NOT sorry it doesn't work that way :)

You're sorry his parents met at a family reunion...

Classic.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
As a verteran seller I always try to give people, especially stupid ones, the benefit of the doubt.

You handled it well in attempting to educate the buyer.

Good luck with the headache.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
His last response -

Like I said, let's do a partial refund and I can keep the card and just have someone submit it for a re slab or something. Let me know what you can send me.

My response - please send a pic of the damage.

I just feel like he's trying to scam me.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
His last response -

Like I said, let's do a partial refund and I can keep the card and just have someone submit it for a re slab or something. Let me know what you can send me.

He is. Please don't embolden him by allowing him to get away with it.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
His last response -

Yeah def sounds like a scam.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Uhm...you only double bag the slab? You don't wrap it in bubble wrap or something? The guy sounds kinda shady but if you think two graded card sleeves are going to do the trick, I can tell you from personal and costly experience it won't.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I believe she means double bubble

She may have. I realize my response sounded rude and for that I do apologize.

I'm kinda ticked off because I have been having a rash of sellers sending me cards that are not properly protected. Cracked slabs, cracked snap cases that break and tear the card all up, you name it. Bad thing is it's happening to cards I can't exactly just hop on eBay and repurchase. Even if I got my money back, who knows when another pops up.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
In my latest sub to BGS I got a slab back cracked on the back.

Does anyone know if they pay postage to send it back to them for re-slabbing? Never had this problem before.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Customers need to return on their own dime but BGS will fix and mail back free.

I usually advise BGS of the damages and inform them which job ID # its from. I generally just mail them back with my next submission so as not to incur extra shipping charges to BGS.

Jeff

Sounds wise. Thank you.

Is there a time limit for returning the cracked item?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Uhm...you only double bag the slab? You don't wrap it in bubble wrap or something? The guy sounds kinda shady but if you think two graded card sleeves are going to do the trick, I can tell you from personal and costly experience it won't.

I put the slab into a 000 padded envelope, and then that envelope into a 00 padded envelope. That generally does the trick, since this is the only cracked slab that I've had in over 2 years, since I've changed to this method.

Update on the transaction - I asked for a picture of the damage, and the buyer sent it, so I refunded him $10 to get it re-slabbed.

Members online

Latest posts