Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~So are there TOO MANY color variations?~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It's just pure laziness in my view. How many variations were there for base Topps this year? WalMart Blue, Target Red, Toys R Us Purple, Gold, Camo, Pink, Black, Platinum, Silk, Slate, Silver Slate, whatever the /25 parallel in Update was called, 4 printing plates, and a partridge in a pear tree. Plus some of those parallels were recycled in Chrome and Mini. That's a lot of mileage for one base card.

When the parallel boom was happening in the mid 00's, I honestly didn't mind it much. As a player/team collector it gave me some variety to chase, and cards seemed to at least follow logical numbering patterns (/250, /100, /50, /25, 1/1). I don't really have any interest in completing or even attempting to complete parallel runs anymore. If I see a card at a good price I'll pick it up, but there are just too many variations out there to really care if I finish the "rainbow" or team set.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
For 2015, they will have the superfractor #/1, bifractor #/2, trifractor #/3 and the quadfractor #/4 in all colors. Too many variations takes away from the appeal. Maybe if they each had different photography, it would be better.

You're kidding!?!?!?!

Latest posts