Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any of the old Beckett MB guys still around here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
That C-Mart Gold is SICK!

Thanks! Wish I got a Taveras Auto in there. I agree that the kid is going to be BIGGGG time. It was somewhat of a Cards' case, lol. I got a few Boone Whitings, a Tilson REF Auto, a Tilson base Auto, and a C-Mart base Auto on top of the Gold REF Auto. Also got a Taveras Silver Ice. Really fun break. Now I can't wait until 2013 Bowman comes out.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I was there for good while before moving over here where many of us still congregate, with many more added. My vintage and autographs have grown substantially from then.

DANNY

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Wow -- this is a blast from the past. A few weeks ago, I was going through an old hotmail account where I still have messages from back in the BMB days. I had a copy of a sent message in there to you asking where you had been. Seemed that you had dropped off of the board. When I didn't hear back from you, I assumed that you were dead. In reality, you probably had just turned 16 and started having fun.

I'm glad that you aren't dead. :)

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Nice Darvish as well let me know if you want to trade or sell it.

So when exactly was the BMB days many talk about? I actually signed up as member in 2001 but stopped collecting a started back in 2008.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Wow -- this is a blast from the past. A few weeks ago, I was going through an old hotmail account where I still have messages from back in the BMB days. I had a copy of a sent message in there to you asking where you had been. Seemed that you had dropped off of the board. When I didn't hear back from you, I assumed that you were dead. In reality, you probably had just turned 16 and started having fun.

I'm glad that you aren't dead. :)

Ccouch! aka Chad! I don't use that hotmail account much anymore and definitely didn't get your email. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I've still always loved the hobby and maintained a fleeting interest through my late teenage years, but as you said, other things got in the way, lol. I'm back, though. Good to hear from you!

Danny, I remember you, as well. Sick collection you've amassed over the years.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I was on the BMB back in the days of all the guys mentioned in the OP. Same name, didn't post thousands of times but once in a while. I think I showed off my killer 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft Refractor Joe Blanton in my sig, ha. I think I still have pics on my webspace from card show reports I posted around 2003 when I used to sell at shows in El Paso. Ugh that seems like a lifetime ago.

My collection was still a high percentage football at that time, but I stayed far away from the FB board.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I might have the old checklist card that was made up around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it later.
DANNY

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I was on the BMB back in the days of all the guys mentioned in the OP. Same name, didn't post thousands of times but once in a while. I think I showed off my killer 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft Refractor Joe Blanton in my sig, ha. I think I still have pics on my webspace from card show reports I posted around 2003 when I used to sell at shows in El Paso. Ugh that seems like a lifetime ago.

My collection was still a high percentage football at that time, but I stayed far away from the FB board.

Were you around any of the shops and shows in El Paso 87-92? I used to set up at most of the shows and frequented all the shops in town back then until I moved in 92. Used to go into a shop on Resler and another on Dyer quite a bit until i moved to IL.

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
I might have the old checklist card that was made up around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it later.
DANNY

Nice wow! I don't remember if I was around for the checklist, though. I would love to see it, though. Bring back some nostalgia.Di

Dilfer, how ya liking seeing your boy and his gigantic bald head on ESPN every day? Haha.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Found the checklist!
DANNY
checklist.jpg

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Wow that is incredible haha. I remember most of those names, too. Whatever happened to the smelly old man Craig? One of the most generous people I've ever come into contact with.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Were you around any of the shops and shows in El Paso 87-92? I used to set up at most of the shows and frequented all the shops in town back then until I moved in 92. Used to go into a shop on Resler and another on Dyer quite a bit until i moved to IL.

I lived in Las Cruces, NM from 2000-2008 so I didn't overlap with your time period. The hobby was pretty dead in the area when I was there, the only shop I can remember going to in El Paso was near the airport and oddly enough was mostly a video rental store with cards on the side. I remember the area at that time being mostly retail cards and there were packsearchers aplenty. Blech.

Dilfer, how ya liking seeing your boy and his gigantic bald head on ESPN every day? Haha.

I don't really follow football since he retired so I actually don't see him much. The contrast between the abundant hair on his rookie cards and his current baldness is amusing, though.

94select.jpg

Found the checklist!
DANNY
checklist.jpg

Ha I totally remember that checklist. Too bad you don't have the CardCop card, it's the most valuable...an on-card certified signature, of course.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Here. I think my ID was the same as here... theplasticman

Was one of first few hundred to join over there.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Welcome to Floston Paradise...

I was pinbreaker on bmb as well as any other site.. I try and stay consistent..

take your coat off and stay awhile!!

Members online

Latest posts