Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What eBay auction(s) have you been watching "forever" and it'll never sell - frustrating!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this thread, but griffeyfan24 has several items with high prices attached to them. To the best of my knowledge none of the Nomar cards have sold. It seems like he's just showing off his collection with no intention of actually moving product.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this thread, but griffeyfan24 has several items with high prices attached to them. To the best of my knowledge none of the Nomar cards have sold. It seems like he's just showing off his collection with no intention of actually moving product.
I went through 7 pages of his completed auctions and not one was sold. I dont get it.

I have seen this one time after time. I collect Paul O'neill and errors. This one is with Nolan Ryan. He used to try and get $499 but now he lowered the price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOLAN-RYAN-...1296972787?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19e9d107f3

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Here is a funny one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-topps-...1246987194?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item258b11c3ba

So two of these have sold... first one was a knee jerk at $30 and then the second one was for $20 and now they can't sell for $20 but then this one spikes...

I write the seller and ask him if he meant to have a best offer option and he says "No, thanks"

So then I ask him if it's any different than the ones selling for around $20 and he replies with "No, it's the same but there are only 25 made. If it doesn't sell, then I'll keep it."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well enjoy it in your collection buddy LOL!!!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

He is becoming an eBay celebrity over there.I'm going to ask griffeyfan24 how much would it cost for his autograph.

Jun 30, 2010
Here is a funny one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-topps-albert-belle-upper-class-game-used-bat-and-autogrphed-card-rare-/161246987194?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item258b11c3ba

So two of these have sold... first one was a knee jerk at $30 and then the second one was for $20 and now they can't sell for $20 but then this one spikes...

I write the seller and ask him if he meant to have a best offer option and he says "No, thanks"

So then I ask him if it's any different than the ones selling for around $20 and he replies with "No, it's the same but there are only 25 made. If it doesn't sell, then I'll keep it."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well enjoy it in your collection buddy LOL!!!

Since I have a few minutes this morning getting ready for some delicious tamales, thought I would opine:

I know you are a big Albert Belle Collector and there are not a whole lot of guys collecting him anymore. That being said Belle was a heck of a ballplayer, a real beast, just had a heck of an attitude as well.... Same could be said about alot of other good players as well and their prices falling off a cliff. Yes, a buyer of these players has alot of leverage because there are not as many buyers. However, it seems there is a little entitlement going on here. A seller has a card you want, he wants a particular price for it, you don't like it. We are only talking 20 or 30 dollars here. I have this happen to me SOOOO many times it is ridiculous. Bought low serial numbered cards for 10-20 dollars each, listed them for 20-30 dollars each, then told how unreasonable I was. It always reminds me of the potential buyers who come up to my tables with the comment such as " Hi, I collect (fill in your player "Albert Belle"). He's not worth anything and nobody buys him but I will take yours if you dump him on me.(implying this by buyers attitute). I will never assert overpaying for the guy you like, but even that is relative(seller and buyer may just have a difference of opinion).

I am not opining this in regard to a seller( VSM, and Griffey24) asking 500-5000 dollars for cards realistically worth 100-500. It is generally about people getting upset thet a seller is asking 10.00 for what buyer feels is a 5.00 card, or 50.00 for what a buyer deems a 30.00 card. I know many sellers(myself included) who pay more than what the buyers HERE deem out of line.

Just seems to me that alot of buyers don't have a whole lot of respect for a seller if buyer can't get his way. And, yes, I know there is another side of the coin which can be open for discussion about alot of sellers who are complete Jerks. That can be open for discussion in another thread. Think it would be a couple of great topics. BUYERS WHO THINK SELLERS ARE UNREASONABLE and also SELLERS WHO THINK BUYERS ARE UNREASONABLE and the differences they encounter.

Bryan

Last edited:

Latest posts