Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Topps Heritage redemption....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hello All,

Pulled this today..... Redeem/hold/sell?

redemption.jpg

What to do, what to do?

Fordman

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Redeem! They are both actively signing and Topps has already proved both have signed newer on card products that are being sent out. Nice pull!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pulled this today..... Redeem/hold/sell?

I'd say it depends on how you evaluate your level of disappointment, how you feel about the Orioles, or how bad you need the cash. If you are an Orioles fan, you'd probably sell now so you can use the cash to buy other Cal and Manny autos that are in-hand rather than risk the chance that the card will be replaced in the future with non-Oriole players.

If you need the cash, you'd sell now because this card or a replacement likely won't show up for 1-2 years so you'll have delayed cash flow.

If you are just a overall fan of baseball, you'd probably redeem since those are solid MLB athletes and if replaced, maybe there is a decent chance they would replace it with a solid MLB athlete.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I really think if you not in a hurry to get paid, if you redeem you have a 90%+ chance of receiving that card this year. The actual card itself will sell WAY more than the redemption, and if money is no issue that is a GREAT card to keep!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sell. Machado can probably only hurt the value in the long run. Cal alone is established. Machado is an unknown factor into the future. if he continues to play well, maybe the price goes up a bit. If he doesn't become a superstar, then there isn't much gain to see.

This is exactly the gamble people take with hot cards. If you sell too soon, you leave money on the table (see the Trout thread that just started). If you wait too long, you miss the chance to capitalize. If you are just into collecting for fun, then it won't matter any way you choose.

My biggest disappointment with something like this is that I didn't pay a little more for a Puig Valiant auto when I was trying to ass one for the Dodger auto collection. I believe they will come down eventually, but I was not willing to spend $20-30 for a guy I had never heard of and who had not done anything yet. I missed the boat, but as a buyer, not as a seller. I try to now buy as many different of the new certified Dodger auto'd cards that come out as I can so that I don't miss the boat again (plus I want one of each guy anyway), but I am facing the same thing right now with Julio Urias. His auto's are selling too high for me to justify buying. If I wait, maybe it's another Clayton Kershaw deal and I miss out again. If I buy now at $15-20, maybe it becomes a Marcos Castillo deal for me where i can get them all day at $1.50!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm not married to the card. I loved watching Ripken play in the 80's & 90's but I'm not a big collector of his. Machado, I've watched him play but Im not a collector of his either.

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts