Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Barry Bonds Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Some recent pickups...

/100

Attachments

• img199.jpg
    img199.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 47
  • img193.jpg
    img193.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 47
  • img196.jpg
    img196.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 47
  • img197.jpg
    img197.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 47
  • img198.jpg
    img198.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 45

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
I will tell you how. The PSA holders are easy to open and close. I feel confident that the card currently in the holder is not the original card that was submitted to PSA. Years ago, I obtained a 93 finest refractor in a PSA holder in a large collection I had purchased; or so said the label on the holder. The actual card in the holder was a base card. Needless to say, I was not very happy. I sent it to PSA and they corrected it at no cost. Their older holders are not very secure since they snap shut. Their new holders are much better since they are welded shut like BGS holders.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Thanks for the explanation Wayne. I didn't think about the fraud angle. It must have been a bummer to expect a REF and receive a base card. I see base cards listed as REF fairly regularly especially for 93. Here's my newest auto pickup...
$$$autobonds55.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ Nice patch , and I should have the Will coming to match the Venezuela Sticker , def tough finds

Ryan

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
I have no confidence in PSA graded cards since the holders are so easy to open and switch cards. Too many dishonest people in the world these days trying their best to ruin the hobby. I only have a couple rare PSA graded non auto cards that have a very low probability of being tampered with. I actually prefer BGS since there cases are sonic welded shut and are tamper proof.

Members online