Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New ROMLB Ball Cube design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Not sure if Im late to this party but ran across a new design for ROMLB cubes (can we call them cubes anymore?).

IMAG3076_1.jpg

IMAG3077_1.jpg

IMAG3078_1.jpg

IMAG3079_1.jpg

IMAG3081_1.jpg

I kinda like it!

Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I saw them awhile back and thought they were a neat design, but unfortunately, I don't buy my OMLB in cubes, and I would have to somehow acquire a bunch to replace the ones I have. I might have to get one or two just in case I have a ball displayed somewhere other than in the stack I already have

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
looks like a baseball shotglass! ;)

OMLBs in this new design are supposed to be at Walmarts for a good price according to walmart.com, but they can't be shipped and they are out of stock at all the walmarts reasonably near me.

guess I'll have to wait for other retailers to start stocking this design.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
looks like a baseball shotglass! ;)

OMLBs in this new design are supposed to be at Walmarts for a good price according to walmart.com, but they can't be shipped and they are out of stock at all the walmarts reasonably near me.

guess I'll have to wait for other retailers to start stocking this design.
I found this one at Meijer (midwest chain store) plus I also saw one at Target.

Fordman

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Amazon appears to have it for roughly the same price

Cool! I didn't think anyone but Walmart would be selling it at that price considering other online sources i found were closer to mlb.com's price than walmart's price.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Bumping this, but these apparently are UV coated? Were the older Rawlings cubes not UV protected? I know the Ultra Pro ones comes with a little hologram on the bottom if they have the UV protection. I have a ton of the older Rawlings cubes with the black plastic base on the bottom that I don't know if they have UV Protection.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Bumping this, but these apparently are UV coated?

apparently so. It's the first and only ball cube I have with a "UV" sticker on it. My previously OMLB's came in boxes, not cubes and the Ultra Pros cubes I bought once don't mention UV protection on them (just "Archival Safe" for whatever that means).

Just imagine if Rawlings got into the business of selling empty UV protected cubes for people who want to protect their past-purchased baseballs.

I'm still going to minimize the UV exposure of my baseball in that Rawlings cube because who knows if that UV sticker carries much meaning. It's better to be safe that maybe eventually sorry about if there is good UV protection or if UV exposure will break or make the plastic brittle over a long time exposure.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
apparently so. It's the first and only ball cube I have with a "UV" sticker on it. My previously OMLB's came in boxes, not cubes and the Ultra Pros cubes I bought once don't mention UV protection on them (just "Archival Safe" for whatever that means).

Just imagine if Rawlings got into the business of selling empty UV protected cubes for people who want to protect their past-purchased baseballs.

I'm still going to minimize the UV exposure of my baseball in that Rawlings cube because who knows if that UV sticker carries much meaning. It's better to be safe that maybe eventually sorry about if there is good UV protection or if UV exposure will break or make the plastic brittle over a long time exposure.
My Ultra Pro cubes are all UV protected. They sell ones that aren't as well though. I was at a sporting goods store yesterday and they had the new Rawlings empty ball cubes for $4

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Interesting look. I like the squares better as it makes it easier to build a wall of baseballs. I think having these side by side would look funny, no?.

Members online

Latest posts