Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could someone please explain Topps Tek?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
I've been looking at some cards of a player in 2015 Tek that I like but I find the product to be very confusing. From what I understand, there are 2 groups of players. Group A has 7 different patterns and Group B has 6. In each group pattern 1 has six or seven variations as well, in the form of "diffractors." Do the autographs follow the same pattern then, 14 or 15 different cards per player? How scarce are the different patterns and are they numbered on the cards? How can you tell if a card is a diffractor?

I apologize for all the questions but I don't want to start buying a product without any knowledge of what I'm getting into. Thank you to anyone that can help!

Hand delivered via the Pony Express

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I've been looking at some cards of a player in 2015 Tek that I like but I find the product to be very confusing. From what I understand, there are 2 groups of players. Group A has 7 different patterns and Group B has 6. In each group pattern 1 has six or seven variations as well, in the form of "diffractors." Do the autographs follow the same pattern then, 14 or 15 different cards per player? How scarce are the different patterns and are they numbered on the cards? How can you tell if a card is a diffractor?

I apologize for all the questions but I don't want to start buying a product without any knowledge of what I'm getting into. Thank you to anyone that can help!

Hand delivered via the Pony Express

You pretty much have it down, the diffractors are numbered and the background variations are not. For 2015 the rarest backgrounds blades and stripes for group A and net for B is rumored to have about 25 copies and it doubles for each background after that. I'd double check all this info as I'm just going off of what I remember and I didn't get too deeply involved with tek this year.

Members online

Latest posts