Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whatever happened to that guy with the 2006 Topps Blue set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I've never heard of the 2004 blues. Do they exist for everyone?

Scott F

There should be 1 set of 2004 Topps Traded blues serial #1/1. Only traded from that year had them, not the base Topps set. There are numerous back doored versions of no serial # 2004 topps traded blue cards out there. Only other official serial #1/1 I've seen besides my 2 blues is Jonny Gomes in LWMM's collection.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Also have a 2004 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor 1/1 (rumor is there are back doors of these cards as well not serial #ed):

57358613b4cc5138e4f4b3b653041765dc1fda07.display.jpg
a6fd7ee701e299a23b0d7e380c6dcd65baddb7c4.display.jpg

Dang! I love that card! I use to party a lot with Chris. Pretty cool dude, that whole team was cool if I remember correctly

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
There should be 1 set of 2004 Topps Traded blues serial #1/1. Only traded from that year had them, not the base Topps set. There are numerous back doored versions of no serial # 2004 topps traded blue cards out there. Only other official serial #1/1 I've seen besides my 2 blues is Jonny Gomes in LWMM's collection.

Thanks, now I don't have to worry about finding a Mariano Rivera.

Scott F

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado

I misspoke, there's an official blue Nyjer Morgan RC out there also:

77116d21f0db993ebc88b9473d56312567810d3f.display.jpg
140cb33afaa53b2bf11ce156886fdb8b44b2af9e.display.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've got a 2004 Topps Traded Chrome blue 1/1 of Joel Zumaya. I remember seeing the paper blue on ebay a couple times and was curious about completing the pair, but $100+ for a laugh was too much. Maybe it could be had cheaper now.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
this might not be the place to post this comment, but at the risk of getting skewered, and since we're talking about redemption PR / SN 10 .....
2014 Topps flagship had a redemption for a complete set stamped "1st Edition" with a print run of 10, but no serial #

from baseballcardpedia: "... Finally, Topps produced a special "1st Edition" factory set. Randomly seeded in Hobby/Jumbo boxes of 2014 Topps Series One were ten Power Players Spring Training Access Pass redemption cards good for a 1st Edition factory set. The redeemed set is a retail (Blue Box) factory set, that also included all five Rookie Variaiton cards. Each card, and the outside of the box, has a "1st EDITION" logo stamped on the front...."

either they produced 11 and kept 1 in the vault, or 1 or more redemptions did not get redeemed

in 2017, at the Topps VIP party, 2014 Topps 1st edition cards with the additional stamp of Topps 65th Anniversary 1/1 added onto the cards
I picked up a couple commons on ebay, just for the heck of it, probably paid $10 each
plenty are available on ebay, at around $20
the hobby does not love the VIP party 1/1 cards
I don't think most of the hobby knows that these are cards with a PR 10 to begin with

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
this might not be the place to post this comment, but at the risk of getting skewered, and since we're talking about redemption PR / SN 10 .....
2014 Topps flagship had a redemption for a complete set stamped "1st Edition" with a print run of 10, but no serial #

from baseballcardpedia: "... Finally, Topps produced a special "1st Edition" factory set. Randomly seeded in Hobby/Jumbo boxes of 2014 Topps Series One were ten Power Players Spring Training Access Pass redemption cards good for a 1st Edition factory set. The redeemed set is a retail (Blue Box) factory set, that also included all five Rookie Variaiton cards. Each card, and the outside of the box, has a "1st EDITION" logo stamped on the front...."

either they produced 11 and kept 1 in the vault, or 1 or more redemptions did not get redeemed

in 2017, at the Topps VIP party, 2014 Topps 1st edition cards with the additional stamp of Topps 65th Anniversary 1/1 added onto the cards
I picked up a couple commons on ebay, just for the heck of it, probably paid $10 each
plenty are available on ebay, at around $20
the hobby does not love the VIP party 1/1 cards
I don't think most of the hobby knows that these are cards with a PR 10 to begin with

I've got about half of the A's team set (13 cards) of those First Editions that I picked up very cheaply. I don't think people are confident about there being only ten (or eleven) sets. Plus they aren't very flashy.

14topps1st.jpg 14topps1st.jpg

Even being halfway there I don't really have any desire to go for the full team set.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
I've got about half of the A's team set (13 cards) of those First Editions that I picked up very cheaply. I don't think people are confident about there being only ten (or eleven) sets. Plus they aren't very flashy.

View attachment 349369 View attachment 349370

Even being halfway there I don't really have any desire to go for the full team set.
In general, I'm more confident picking up serial numbered cards for my collection, over cards that are tagged with SP / SSP, because the insert rate on the wax wrapper is 1 per 10,000 [and so on]

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Not sure who owns the Clemens Blue 1/1= thought @mindgone61008 ( Chris) owned it

Box for the 2014 Topps 1st Edition looks like the below @abide
Also have the paperwork backup and redemption card backups
I've slabbed some of the stars / semistars and shown many off here before
Before PSA's prices shot way up intended to slab the entire series
Set aside the box in storage when costs shot up to $15 a card with PSA

Heltons right below my feet . As you can see -same sub - consecutive numbers
2014-Topps-1st-Factory-Set.jpg

Helton14Topps1st.jpg'
Helton14Topps1st253.jpg

abide

Apr 29, 2021
To have one of the 2014 Topps 1st Edition Sets [complete] with box and redemption card, is quite a thing, clearly you can feel you have something rare, with a stated print run of 10.
But we all know that there are crooks out there, and since the PR 10 1st edition cards are merely stamped with a small circular foil "1st" and the word edition, and
look the same otherwise and have the same product code in small print on the back as 2014 Topps
as compared to the 2006 set with a different color border and a serial number [and probably a different product code
..... so the crooks could easily buy some 2014 Topps Xander Bogaerts RC and Jose Ramirez RC and Mike Trout and Bryce Harper figure out how to stamp them

Personally, if I'm buying SINGLES on the secondary market, and not lucky enough to be receiving a complete set from Topps having pulled the redemption,
I'd be much more confident I had a true redemption card limited to 10, with 2004 blue, as compared to 2014 1st Edition
That was the meaning of my comment

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts