Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Verlander trade is good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
As always in these types of trades,
MLB star/regular>>>prospects
Prospects are never a sure thing.

And sometimes neither the star/regular players as they can destroy instead of help team chemistry in a playoff hunt.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
Since when was a 3.39 ERA in the postseason not considered good? I suppose his 10.3 K/9 rate & 1.09 WHIP are pretty awful as well.

As usual, the haters never want to give our President any credit, only to find out later that maybe his statements were based on facts. At the time of the tweet posted in 2012, Verlander had a postseason ERA of about 5.50. I would say that President Trump's statement was accurate at the time. Naturally, there is some moron out there who digs up an old tweet, in attempt to make the President look bad in the wake of the hurricane, hoping that no one catches the date of the initial tweet. The haters and the media need to relax. The constant criticism helps no one.

As a fellow ODU alum, I hope Verlander does great for the Astros.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
As usual, the haters never want to give our President any credit, only to find out later that maybe his statements were based on facts. At the time of the tweet posted in 2012, Verlander had a postseason ERA of about 5.50. I would say that President Trump's statement was accurate at the time. Naturally, there is some moron out there who digs up an old tweet, in attempt to make the President look bad in the wake of the hurricane, hoping that no one catches the date of the initial tweet. The haters and the media need to relax. The constant criticism helps no one.

As a fellow ODU alum, I hope Verlander does great for the Astros.
Bro there is an old tweet for every event that happens. Someone found it because of the trade not the hurricane

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Are there candidate teams besides the Dodgers, Astros, and maybe Nationals that have a high % chance of making WS now? The strong teams are really pulling away with things.

as for Trump...

4dchesss.JPG

I like how they didn't photoshop the fork out of his hand.... hes not just there to play 4d chess, hes there to EAT it ! :lol:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Are there candidate teams besides the Dodgers, Astros, and maybe Nationals that have a high % chance of making WS now? The strong teams are really pulling away with things.

as for Trump...

View attachment 72952

I like how they didn't photoshop the fork out of his hand.... hes not just there to play 4d chess, hes there to EAT it !
I wouldn't have noticed the fork, thanks for pointing that out

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

as for Trump...

View attachment 72952

I like how they didn't photoshop the fork out of his hand.... hes not just there to play 4d chess, hes there to EAT it ! :lol:

Every time the Nationals make it to the postseason (2012, 2014, 2016) the so-called experts join together in a circle jerk & claim they have the best chance of winning the world series........they have never made it past the division series.

So I do believe a team comprised of Donald Trump with all his advisors & such would have a greater chance of winning the World Series than the Nationals. It's not as far fetched as you'd think. Heck, nobody thought he'd become the President of the United States either.

The Nationals are All-Stars of the regular season & all-bums in the postseason. But hey, they are winners in all-our hearts :grouphug:

Latest posts