Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
That was a great at-bat by Acuna, it showed a lot of maturity. Bases loaded with only 1 out and he works a walk to drive in a run. I was expecting him to over swing trying to get that big slam like most young players would try to do but instead he displayed plate discipline and got the run in.

It will be real interesting to watch the progression of Ronald Acuna's career. Will he become the next Andruw Jones? Or the next Francoeur?

In all honesty, I see a lot of Justin Upton in him. Due to the higher strikeout rate I don't think he'll become the type of player who hits .300 but I could easily see him hit between .260-.280 (.800-.900 OPS) with 25-35 home runs and double digit stolen bases on a yearly basis with 150+ strikeouts per year...sorta like Upton.

But again, it's way too early to tell, he's still just 20 years old and I'd prefer to see Acuna just being Acuna, not the next so and so.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Braves win it 12-1!!!

Here are the highlights:
Quality start win by Newcomb (6 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 4 BB, 5 K). Lot of walks but limited the damage
Another great game by Acuna in the leadoff spot (2-for-4 with 2 walks, double, 2 RBI & 2 runs scored)
4 hit game by super replacement player Culberson
Freeman goes 2-for-5 with a double, HR & 2 RBI
Another 3-hit night by Ender
Multi-hit games by Camargo & Swanson
16 total hits by the Braves including multi-hit games by 6 of the 8 starting position players

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
All that's left of the night is to root for the Phillies to lose to the Dodgers. Game is currently tied in the 8th inning.

Mine as well root for the Brewers to win as well just in case the Nats go on a tear in the 2nd half which is certainly a possibility.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts