Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just bought a lot off Craig's list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Ok well from now on I guess everyone that gets a great deal on some cards needs to call the PD and make sure they aren't stolen.

I didn't poke at him if you read back through the thread. I merely chose to ignore what people were saying about calling the police. Does that give people a right to start acting like a kid and name calling? I guess so. Good to see all you have to do is one good deed (helping Hive out) and you get a pass to be a complete tool.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
GC he most definitely does owe an apology for being an *******. He called me a fktard on pm and other names in here. If that's cool to do on here then things have changed since I joined here in 08. All these things he said about me was because of an opinion he had that has now been proven completely wrong

You are pounding sand now man. Nothing is going to come of it. Sam was out of line sure but you just have to drop it and move on.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
this-thread.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Ok well from now on I guess everyone that gets a great deal on some cards needs to call the PD and make sure they aren't stolen.

I didn't poke at him if you read back through the thread. I merely chose to ignore what people were saying about calling the police. Does that give people a right to start acting like a kid and name calling? I guess so. Good to see all you have to do is one good deed (helping Hive out) and you get a pass to be a complete tool.

He's not getting a pass. Many people in this thread agree he crossed the line. But what do you want to happen? Him to get suspended? Your skin is awfully thin, Kingpin.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Why didn't he call your local law enforcement agencies if he was so concerned about it?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
It sounds like there is plenty of garbage in this lot as well - it's not like he bought $10k worth of cards for $35. I've never seen such insane paranoia in my life. If he called the cops to tell them he bought some baseball cards on craigslist and wanted to know if they were stolen, they'd think it was a prank call and he'd be laughed off the phone. Give the buyer some credit here - he's the only one with any knowledge of the transaction and if he says it wasn't sketchy then I'm sure it's fine. As mentioned previously, not everyone views sports cards as commodities.

Nice buy OP, nothing more nothing less.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I wonder if I change my name to Luigi I can get admission into The Mushroom Kingdom?
[MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] loves Mushrooms. I want him to get banned because he doesn't laugh at my Facebook posts :cry:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Interesting situation...

Had two thoughts about this at first

Why would the seller, with price tags already on the cards, sell the cards for well below the price tags? That would seem fishy to me. However, at the same time...why the hell would someone risk stealing several boxes of cards for a whopping $35? I've dealt with people with million dollar houses who wouldn't budge from $160 to $150 this guy doesn't seem exuberantly wealthy from what you've said. Plus, like people said you made a decent profit but nothing to write home about. The Bonds is a cool card it's not a t206 Wagner.

So, it seems to me at least that the seller is EXTREMELY lazy and just wanted these the hell out of his house ASAP. Lucky you got the better part of the deal for sure, congrats on some cool finds

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
I know someone who pretty much only buys off CL. Many times he waits sellers out and they drop their prices either because they need the money or they want the cards gone or both. It is possible that someone selling on CL knows that a price sticker doesn't always mean the price is written in stone.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I know someone who pretty much only buys off CL. Many times he waits sellers out and they drop their prices either because they need the money or they want the cards gone or both. It is possible that someone selling on CL knows that a price sticker doesn't always mean the price is written in stone.

I live in Sarasota and there is no card shop close by so it's either buy retail or look for garage sales and Craig's list. I've bought a bunch off of Craig's list and struck out times and hit it pretty good at times. Garage sales I've done great at but it's always fun regardless

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Guess I didn't dig deep enough. The guy responded to me with 2 emails today

I do still have them however, I've been encouraged to bring them into the office where a few people are going to sort through them, get the collection scanned sorted, priced out and sold. I've not transferred to the office just yet. At this point I'm only interested in getting rid of them as a lot for convenience sake, if you'd like to make an offer I'd be happy to entertain it

Sounds good,

I will say that we stumbled upon an almost complete set of basketball cards while shuffling through on Saturday. Specifically the Fleer Premium Basketball Card Collection 1986-1987. There are a handful missing, but we do have the #57 Michael Jordan graded as NM-MT 8. I gather its worth a fair bit, though not sure of the best way to go about selling it.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I think it's funny everyone assumes people know the value of particular cards. Some people aren't into cards. If I found a huge box of art work I wouldn't know what I'm looking at. Some people don't want to waste their time finding out. Especially people who already have money.

Members online

Latest posts