Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Thats it. Not a bad price. What do you think?

Hi,

That is the same car magic bougth. Magic was looking; if I am correct; for the actual redemption card that came in the boxes.

Spikes

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi,

That is the same car magic bougth. Magic was looking; if I am correct; for the actual redemption card that came in the boxes.

Spikes

Yeah, I just opened my mail and see it is the redeemed version. I need the send in card. Oh well.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hi,

Spikes

Yup really sounded like The Mail in Redemption in the Title, So I Bought Both , so Dbl Bummer, prolly hold on to the, I'm sure they will keep Value

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Being new cards,and a stamped 1/1..I see it hitting $600-$800-possibly more.Its not worth what its at now to me.No logos really kill it :-/ Its a nice card though.

I wanna win the jelly bean jar toooooo! Haha

Seller is probally kicking himself hard after turning down that $1,200 offer.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Welcome GriffeyJr, This is a Great Site, Great Members too and My Home Sweet Home
Hope to see some Scans soon!!!

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
I'm now no longer the newest member! Welcome griffeyjr...look forward to seeing some of your cards

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Oh and I bought the mariners in a case break of 2013 museum collection through dover sports cards if any of u are familiar with that site...17 day countdown to see if I can snag a Griffey

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Welcome [MENTION=9848]GriffeyJr[/MENTION] ! :wave:
[MENTION=6793]bedot[/MENTION] ,Good luck buddy,hope ya hit a monster!

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Welcome aboard GriffeyJr!! Always great to have new collectors to share with. Do you go after anything in particular (autos, or GU, etc.) or are you just an "anything griffey" collector? Looking forward to you sharing some scans with us!

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome @GriffeyJr ! :wave:

@bedot ,Good luck buddy,hope ya hit a monster!

Thanks. I'm sure Griffey is a really difficult pull. His base archival autos I'm sure are low numbered. Anyway, there are 2 cases being broken. I joined case 2, but I'll be watching the first to see if anything gets pulled. I don't know if that has any effect on my chances, or if cases ordered together are completely independent.

King Felix also is in the checklist.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Welcome aboard [MENTION=9848]GriffeyJr[/MENTION]! Lots of the best Griffey collections ever floating around these boards. Thanks for joining the crew - Junior has a special home on FCB.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I'm a huge fan of his Mariners stuff so I pretty much just collect from 1989 - 1999 I'm in the process of trying to build the entire 1993 - 1999 finest refractor set (not worried about every single insert refractor) but base and parallel for sure. I also go after some of his rare game used memorabilia. Griffey Jr has and always will be known for his amazing power at the plate and IMO it's pretty widely accepted that if he wasn't injured, the kid would have the HR record, but what is overshadowed at times is that he is a 10x gold glove in a row 90 - 99. One of my favorite pieces in my PC is the 2000 MVP Game Used Souvenirs (regular fielders glove, and gold glove /25 auto) There aren't many sets out there, if any besides this that actually feature the "Game used glove" let alone with the auto. So these hold a special place in my Griffey PC for sure.

How about yourself? Any specifics you're after?

I'm currently seeking out the 1999 Finest Sterling Gold Embossed Ref /100, the 1997 Gold Die Cut Embossed Ref, and the 1999 "The Man" Refractor

I've got some dups of Griffey Jr refractors that I'll post up when I get a chance for sale/trade if there are any other refractor hunters around these parts :)

IULVX.jpg

KoVf3.jpg

LOVE the auto. I collect auto's from any year or team, but my only caveat is that they are on-card autographs. I dont own a sticker Griffey auto anymore and although tough to sell a couple of them, I am glad I did. Stickers just dont offer enough room for him to sign his name the way he would normally and they just are not appealing to the eye.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I finally got around to getting a photobucket account. I took pictures of some of my autos (I try to stick around the 90's but have some others where he is featured in a Mariners uniform) so I could share them with you all. I hope you enjoy!
IMG_0376.jpg

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
That first one is linked directly with my photobucket account, but on the site here, the image is appearing rather small. Here are some bigger images.
IMG_0376.jpgIMG_0377.jpgIMG_0378.jpgIMG_0379.jpg
I have several others I will be listing soon, as well as inserts and parallels from the 90's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts