Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Thanks for the tip RustyGreerFan. I see the completed auction now. I looked before but must have put in too much information in my search. So is this a Gold Artist's Proof of the Museum Collection? or is this just the standard Gold Artist's Proof of this card? I've been looking around online and there is not much info on these. Thanks,

From baseballcardpedia.com...

All 200 base cards are available in the following Dufex parallels.

• Museum Collection
  • Artist's Proof
Following a similar structure to the 1996 Finest brand, the Artist's Proof parallel was "fractured" into three different groups of cards; 125 Bronze, 50 Silver and 25 Gold. The Gold cards are scarcest with an announced print run of only 300 (non serial-numbered) copies, and silver cards are scarcer than bronze cards. Each group of cards is easy to identify by their bold color-specific backgrounds (i.e. gold cards have gold backgrounds). All three groups share the same Artist's Proof logo on front.

It's really a stunning card. Sure you don't want to hold onto it?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hey Guys I just put a card up for auction on Ebay that I don't know much about and cannot find anything about online. it is a 1997 Pinnacle Clout #193 Gold Artist's Proof & Museum Collection card. I see examples of the Regular Artist's Proof and the Museum Collection and this appears to be both Link is below. Can any of you provide me any info on this card? I know it is very rare but I have never seen another one before. I may be way out of line in my pricing but I hated the idea of starting it cheap and having someone steal it from me if it is really rare. Any help would be appreciated. Ken Griffey Jr 1997 Pinnacle Gold Artist's Proof Museum Collection Clout 193 | eBay

Last one I remember ended around $40 at auction (with shipping).

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hey Guys I just put a card up for auction on Ebay that I don't know much about and cannot find anything about online. it is a 1997 Pinnacle Clout #193 Gold Artist's Proof & Museum Collection card. I see examples of the Regular Artist's Proof and the Museum Collection and this appears to be both Link is below. Can any of you provide me any info on this card? I know it is very rare but I have never seen another one before. I may be way out of line in my pricing but I hated the idea of starting it cheap and having someone steal it from me if it is really rare. Any help would be appreciated. Ken Griffey Jr 1997 Pinnacle Gold Artist's Proof Museum Collection Clout 193 | eBay

Last one I remember ended around $40 at auction (with shipping). Was a few months back. I follow 1997 Pinnacle Artist's Proofs regularly. These Griffeys don't pop up too often. When they do, it's usually on a $50-$75 BIN that nobody hits.

dusty_dd3

Mar 3, 2013
Thanks everyone for all of the great information on my 1997 Pinnacle Gold Artist's Proof. I have lowered the asking price to a more reasonable price. I love reading through this board and seeing the amazing cards that everyone posts. I am truly envious of the collections that many of you have. Thanks again!
Last one I remember ended around $40 at auction (with shipping). Was a few months back. I follow 1997 Pinnacle Artist's Proofs regularly. These Griffeys don't pop up too often. When they do, it's usually on a $50-$75 BIN that nobody hits.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Never been a big fan of non-logo cards,but it was relatively cheap and the patch looks nice.

AEDACA8C-EB72-4ED6-B4C5-A84E0596D6D1-816-000000794F27C4E0.jpg

dschol87

May 22, 2013
North Carolina
Ok - spill it. How much did you pay that unsuspecting chump on BO for it? Hope you did right by him...

I went all in and threw my best offer at him, and I got it for a great price. Surely other people would have offered him more, but I saw an opportunity and I went for it. He still made a pretty penny, though. It was four figures. I'll leave it at that.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks to Bruce I was able to add more to a couple of my buyback sets and a nice 2002 Upper Deck. Thanks to Bruce and good luck over seas. [MENTION=1839]LaneyB[/MENTION]

NEW
AB.jpg

2003 Ultimate Collection BuyBacks
NEW
771.jpg
772.jpg

GOES WELL WITH
881.jpg
882.jpg

891.jpg
892.jpg

2004 SP Authentic BuyBacks
NEW
91.jpg
92.jpg

101.jpg
102A.jpg

1021.jpg
1022.jpg

GOES WELL WITH
131.jpg
132.jpg

161.jpg
162.jpg

351.jpg
352.jpg

1001.jpg
1002.jpg

1011.jpg
1012.jpg

Last edited:

BMaggs

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle, Washington
I'm pretty excited, I am going to the Griffey Mariners Hall of Fame Luncheon this Friday, then his Mariner Hall of Fame Induction Game on Saturday. Has anyone ever gone to a player luncheon before? What's the etiquette for autographs? I was thinking of bringing a few items to get signed just in case, what do you all think?

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
This was just listed on ebay. It is a 1999 UD Game Jersey with a patch. I've never seen a patch on any of the 1999 game jersey cards, for any player. Do you guys think this was tampered with and someone inserted a fake patch? I'm definitely not saying ylaf did, but he could have purchased it without knowing from someone else that did. Maybe it's legit, but it really caught my eye, especially since I've never seen a patch in this set.

1998 UD Griffey Game Worn Jersey Patch Card | eBay

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I loved watching Junior play but, to be perfectly honest, these cards are only in my collection because of the Adam Dunn ink :cool: (Wily Mo Pena is also a cool addition to this first card!).

2005 UD Trilo3y Generations Present Signatures #GENS-GDP

2005 UD Trilo3y Generations Present Signatures #GENS-GDP.jpg

2007 SP Authentic Sign of the Times #GD

2007 SP Authentic Sign of the Times #GD.jpg

Members online