Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone doubting the Patriots are the best team in football?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I believe he meant Dilfer must be a better qb than Marino, if super bowls won matter, since Dilfer has one and Marino has zip, zero, nada.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I believe he meant Dilfer must be a better qb than Marino, if super bowls won matter, since Dilfer has one and Marino has zip, zero, nada.

I understand that. But SBs won DO matter. They are a factor in considering who is the GOAT. But obviously multiple championships are what matters, not just one. But it's also not the ONLY factor or we'd be sitting here claiming Terry Bradshaw is the GOAT.

Anything you want to throw out there in what you think measures up to be a legendary QB - Tom Brady lines up at or near the top.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Anything you want to throw out there in what you think measures up to be a legendary QB - Tom Brady lines up at or near the top.

Wow a guy on the internet telling the world what they already know already. Glad I tuned in today lol!

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
So Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Joseph Addai and the rest of the colts had nothing on that Pats team?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Look at the defensive numbers for the 07 and 08 Pats. They were a balanced defense. The defense of the colts was built to get a lead because of Manning, and force opponents to pass to catch up. Without the lead, it neutralizes some of the value of Mathis and Freeney. Is Addai still in the league a year later? Was Clark even healthy for most of last year? Say what you want about Cassell, but he's a superstar compared to Painter.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Wow a guy on the internet telling the world what they already know already. Glad I tuned in today lol!

If you read the entire thread, you would know that I'm pretty much alone in this battle.

On a side note, why have you been such a dick lately? You seem to just jump in threads, quote someone, and then come across as a massive *****.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm just wondering, we seem to be in agreement that Brady is not #1 all time. Who is and why?

Are you talking to me? Right now the top 2 QB's of all time for me are Brady and Montana. I can't decide who to put #1. But I believe by the time Brady is retired, he will be alone at the top.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Are you talking to me? Right now the top 2 QB's of all time for me are Brady and Montana. I can't decide who to put #1. But I believe by the time Brady is retired, he will be alone at the top.

Nah, everyone else that is saying Brady isn't even top 5. I'm wondering what the criteria is to be #1.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i can honestly see Brady playing 5 more years.

Things have changed, players are in better shape, QBs are more protected by the rules, they put up "better numbers" because of these things, and thats fine.

its a weird situation to compare Montana and Brady. Montana was at the top of his game when print media meant something, when people watched the news on TV to get their news. Brady is part of the new world, where print media and tv mean nothing. its all about the internet now, "smart" phones, getting everything we want, immediately.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
LMAO.....you must be pretty naive if you think what the Patriots got caught for, no other team does. They ALL do it.

And seriously with the Dilfer comment? Dilfer made one super bowl and won it. Brady has been to 5 Super Bowls and won 3. Big difference there chief.

I probably won't take anything you say on the subject seriously now. You lost all merit.

Troy Aikman has been to 3 SB and won all 3...why isn't he the GOAT if that's your basis?

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I think you can throw Favre in that top 5 discussion. People think Brady hasn't had many receivers to throw to..... My top 5 is Montana, Elway, Unitas, Marino, Favre.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Brady leads the most dynamic offense the league has ever seen.

I hate to keep correcting Pats' fans, especially ones I like, but the '99-03 (ish) Rams were the best/most dynamic Offense the league has ever seen.

With the early '80s Chargers, mid-90s Niners and the '98 Vikings in the Discussion as well...

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
If you read the entire thread, you would know that I'm pretty much alone in this battle.

On a side note, why have you been such a dick lately? You seem to just jump in threads, quote someone, and then come across as a massive *****.

Sorry. I can't help it if I have a massive reproductive organ.

You really think Brady is top 2 all-time?? He's already lost 2 SB's that he was heavily favored to win. Top 10 maybe but not top 5.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I hate to keep correcting Pats' fans, especially ones I like, but the '99-03 (ish) Rams were the best/most dynamic Offense the league has ever seen.

With the early '80s Chargers, mid-90s Niners and the '98 Vikings in the Discussion as well...

Sorry, maybe we're working on different criteria for most dynamic offense.

Pats 07: 589 points
Packers 11: 560
vikings 98: 556

The Pats are on pace for 592 this year.

I think the Rams did something that was very different than anyone else in the NFL at the time, but I can't see how that makes it more dynamic than the best scoring offense of all time.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Lost two Super Bowls to the giants.. Because they put hands on him.. Rough him up.. And make him all jittery. Not to mention they cover his "elite" threats in check!

This is true. And they don't have the defense now that they once had, so he really has to win the game on offense or his defense will give up last minute scoring drives.

Until they figure out the defense they can't be the best team in football.

This is true. And they don't have the defense now that they once had, so he really has to win the game on offense or his defense will give up last minute scoring drives.

Until they figure out the defense they can't be the best team in football.

I don't think they are the best team in football.. I just think their defensive philosophy is what it takes to clown the pats. Also their defense looked pretty good against them packers!

For my money the best team I'm football is in Houston!

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I don't think they are the best team in football.. I just think their defensive philosophy is what it takes to clown the pats. Also their defense looked pretty good against them packers!

For my money the best team I'm football is in Houston!

Sorry, my post was unclear. I meant the Pats don't have the defense they had when they won superbowls.

I thought the best team was Houston until the defensive injuries started to pile up.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think it's a team game, in reality I think if you put Brady on the Colts and Manning on the Patriots they would have done almost the same thing in terms of wins and SB's. Peyton gets the nod from me because he seems to make the players around him better not saying Brady couldn't but he doesn't have too as much.

Also the Patriots aren't going to score 4 TD's a game on special teams and D, the last two games were anomalies.

Sorry, my post was unclear. I meant the Pats don't have the defense they had when they won superbowls.

I thought the best team was Houston until the defensive injuries started to pile up.

Sorry I midunderstood.

Yeah new England's defense is suspect right now. Lots of youth for a change. Their DBs can be brutalized and their strength is up the middle wilfork is a monster of a man.. And dominates.

I don't think New England is bad or brady is a slouch.. a XXXXX? yes! but I don't think they are the best team.