Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What makes the Oct. 8th lunar eclipse so special? It's an "impossible" occurence Morning thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
It wasn't showing up, if there was. At least I couldn't find it.

I just saw it a few minutes ago. [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] started it, but I didn't see it when I first got on here. Maybe a mod like [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] would be willing to merge the 2 ;)

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon All!

Very busy morning at FoMoCo, power outage last two night due to storms. playing catch up. Some of the bosses havent gone home in two days because they're worried about part production.

Fordman

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I just saw it a few minutes ago. [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] started it, but I didn't see it when I first got on here. Maybe a mod like [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] would be willing to merge the 2 ;)

Weird. Only post I saw from Magic this morning, was about the eclipse. I first MT I saw this morning, was yesterday's. Wonder why it didn't show up.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Weird. Only post I saw from Magic this morning, was about the eclipse. I first MT I saw this morning, was yesterday's. Wonder why it didn't show up.

The one about the eclipse is the MT as well :lol: I didn't read the whole title at first either, but the MT is mentioned at the very end

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good day all.

Professor played us a little Folsom Prison Blues before class today.

Right now I'm listening to some random hockey fan from northern Minnesota. If I'm correct, his name is Zimmerman, but he's often referred too as "Dylan."

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good of evening all!

Good morning.

Heard an interesting factoid on the radio this morning. Apparently smartphone users spend over three hours per day on their phones, or about one full day per week.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go check ebay, COMC, mlb.com, ...
:)

I have no desire to carry a smartphone, or any type of cell phone. I don't feel the need for constant communication. Not to mention, I don't need to have unlimited access to eBay as I've grown rather fond of food, clothes, a car and a roof over my head.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Selenelion- word of the day.
I had a good view of the eclipse and sunset. Could stand still long enough to get a good picture. Mosquitos have been terrible the past couple weeks

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I got up at 530 AM CT to check it out and did not find it as amazing this time as the one in April
However watching it rise last night about 630 off of the horizon, that was spectacular, one of the fullest full moons I have seen recently.
June 12th 2014, taken in Fla from a friend of mine
FullMoonJune12th_zps81539bb5.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Good of evening all!

I have no desire to carry a smartphone, or any type of cell phone. I don't feel the need for constant communication. Not to mention, I don't need to have unlimited access to eBay as I've grown rather fond of food, clothes, a car and a roof over my head.
FBLike.png

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
As far as phones go, I do have mine with me all day, but it's for emergency purposes. I drive semi-unreliable vehicles daily, and they break down. I also use the alarm clock since it's the most reliable and customizable one I have.

Anyway, it was probably a couple years ago and I was sitting on a bench in one of the busier hallways at school. I noticed that 90% of the people that passed by me had their heads down, staring at their phones. It was somewhat creepy really, they all looked like robots.

For as much as I love technology, I love nature and being outside so much more. I just wish I lived somewhere where there was something to do outside (i.e. hiking, biking, etc). Nothing but corn corn corn as far as the eye can see. I miss lakes.