Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay is disgusting, just disgusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I'm just getting to the recent posts in that thread. After pages of people jumping his ass with accusations and hinting about him being a scammer - now other sellers are popping up with the same issue.
Big ol' plate full of crow.

Blowout collectively gets the hugest boner over the "turn-around", where they turn around somebody's post on them and hammer them relentlessly with their awesome private detective skillz. They love it so much that they'll slam somebody for pages and pages over the most minor issue that may make the person 1% wrong. I agree that sportscardtheory's original post (that he apparently copied to 80,000 message boards) conveniently omitted important details, but those details in the end didn't make him wrong and certainly didn't make him a scammer like some goofs were stating. Those Blowout Kids don't even jump to conclusions, they take a goddanged international plane flight to conclusions.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
To avoid the problem you're having, I've landed on a simple shipping rule. Every card is $1.99 and goes via bubble mailer, $0.25 each extra. I have a number of $0.99 cards and even some auctions at $0.49 as well, but refuse to go PWE for the risk factor alone. I was hoping the result would be people buying multiple cheap cards to get the cheaper shipping but really I just have a bunch of unsold low end cards. There isn't a great option for moving such items.

Sorry to hear about this. eBay is a great venue in terms of eyeballs and clicks, but they are FAR from a perfect solution. So many recent changes that screw the sellers that they rely on for taking their percentage...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, not good. I don't even want to go over to BO and see what the discussion is there. I can just imagine the freaking sh!t show they are having over this...

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Im the other guy in the blowout thread. Yea they jump on you quick over there!!! I've been an Ebayer for 14 years with 100% feedback and all good dsrs. Gone In one click! Can't believe I get revoked over 1 month of supposedly poor results. At least give me a warning!!!

my eBay id is k_griffey_jr_2430

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It was tiring reading the BO thread. It was like post #3 which started the ball rolling down hill. Just amazing.

I mean I will admit that the OP does leave a lot to the imagination but that doesn't mean you pull out the pitchforks and start a revolution against someone or just troll IMO.

Anyways, sorry to hear about it. Hope it all works out.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think eBay is far too buyer friendly. I didn't sell on it again until recently and I still get worried cuz I've heard so many stories of eBay instantly helping buyers and screwing sellers. Sorry to hear about them hurting you so badly. Good luck!

A_Pharis

Im the other guy in the blowout thread. Yea they jump on you quick over there!!! I've been an Ebayer for 14 years with 100% feedback and all good dsrs. Gone In one click! Can't believe I get revoked over 1 month of supposedly poor results. At least give me a warning!!!

my eBay id is k_griffey_jr_2430

Sorry to hear that, man. It's a shame, because a ton of shady sellers will be able to sell there forever without question.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Why not use VPN or an IP proxy to hide your IP address, then open a new account? Just a suggestion and easier to do than you think.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

Last edited:

WaxPax

Is COMC a good way to go for commons? I've been thinking about downsizing but I got stuff I just don't have time to list and I don't want a bunch of base taking up room

That's exactly what their niche is stuff you would never be able to sell on eBay or low value cards not worth your time to sell....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Is COMC a good way to go for commons? I've been thinking about downsizing but I got stuff I just don't have time to list and I don't want a bunch of base taking up room

I'd do a search and see how many copies are on the site already and see what the lowest price is currently at. It may not be worth it after paying the fee and having to compete on price with so many others copies of the same card.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I wouldn't be too eager to send commons/ base stars to comc.

Numbered inserts, 90s inserts, game used, autos, prospects, sp's, stuff like that.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I've had issues with buyers trying to contact me first to resolve a matter and the buyers said it automatically prompted them to open a case. Another issue I had was I wasn't aware of the new return policy where the seller has to pay for return shipping label through eBay or provide one to the buyer. After the buyer said he would return & I would offer full refund plus return shipping I was hit with my first negative because I was waiting for the package and had no clue he started the new return process through eBay waiting for my label. All over a tiny spot on a white shirt I missed that wasn't even a stain, was a smudge that came right out.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Sorry to here, this sucks for all sellers.

I'd send all lower end to COMC & try a friends account for the high end stuff.

& keep calling to raise hell

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
On the flip side I actually think you may do better on those low-end stuff on COMC. From what I've heard around the boards is that that's the primary place for a lot of set builders to really bulk up on before going to eBay. I hope that it works out for you

Members online

Latest posts