Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- 2016 Topps Buybacks Stamped Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Okay, I am just going to put it out there to see if there's any interest. Knowing we will never get the answers, I do feel that the knowledge of FCB is amazing, especially when it comes to releases like this. How many out there? Are Silvers really that tough? Is there a Gold, Silver, Blue, Red, Black for every card? How many different cards of your player did they make, etc...
I will admit one thing: when Leaf released their stamped buybacks, I was not impressed, and may have even scoffed at the idea, (although I did pick up a couple different ones) but this Topps one has me intrigued! The possibilities of how many and of which ones is endless. I've seen a lot of Gwynns, that's for sure!
bob_zpsyk1yev3b.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have only seen four Dawsons on eBay, I have picked up two of them (both silver and the two I haven't picked up are 1/1) and I have seen one Dawson (1/1) on a you tube break.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I hit a red Canseco . Wish Topps would buy some of my commons , they're in better shape than those they have bought back

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
There are 1976, 77 & 78 Winfields on eBay at the moment, but I'm not going over $10. Got my fingers crossed for some Hensley Meulens cards!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've landed a few, but the player selection seems very skewed towards a few certain players. There are tons of different George Bretts, Griffeys, and Nolan Ryans up on ebay, where some of the more common players aren't showing up at all.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
I've landed a few, but the player selection seems very skewed towards a few certain players. There are tons of different George Bretts, Griffeys, and Nolan Ryans up on ebay, where some of the more common players aren't showing up at all.

Could be people are more likely to list big names

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
These things are driving me nuts! I don't know how many there are so I don't want to miss out on any. I love them but worry they may evaporate like the Allen ginter buybacks did.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Only seen 2 Garvey cards so far and both were completed listings, meaning they were BIN ended before I saw them. 79T Red and a 85T Gold

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
There's been talk of instead of actually "buying back" the buybacks, they just used leftover stock sitting around the factory. I can see that to a point. I also see them buying some of those card show "stars" 5000 count boxes of base and pulled out all the Topps cards.
Does anyone have (or seen) multiple colors if the same card yet?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Picked up one of the two 1987 Topps Andre Dawson 1/1s last night

I have won all three Dawsons that have ended on eBay with only one more still on eBay

mouschi

May 18, 2012
It is driving me nuts that they don't have a checklist or print runs, but the chase is still fun! So far, I've got my hooks into 12 of them. I know for a fact there are at least 11 different, making there 44 w/variations out there. Strangely enough, I have seen ZERO of the black versions for Canseco which are supposed to be the most common. That leads me to believe that there are THOUSANDS of cases unopened still and some of them will have spurts, along with cards we haven't seen yet.

Brentandbecca told me he pulled several 88 topps Canseco red in his 80 case run and only 2 others.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
It is driving me nuts that they don't have a checklist or print runs, but the chase is still fun! So far, I've got my hooks into 12 of them. I know for a fact there are at least 11 different, making there 44 w/variations out there. Strangely enough, I have seen ZERO of the black versions for Canseco which are supposed to be the most common. That leads me to believe that there are THOUSANDS of cases unopened still and some of them will have spurts, along with cards we haven't seen yet.

Brentandbecca told me he pulled several 88 topps Canseco red in his 80 case run and only 2 others.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/2016-Topps-1-...d-Athletics-Red-1990-/231840636874?nav=SEARCH

mouschi

May 18, 2012

Thanks! I saw that and have decided to hold off because I think $10 is steep for that card. I DEFINITELY plan on having one in my collection soon though.

So far, I have the:

1987 Topps silver & red
1988 Topps blue & red
1988 Topps silver blue & red w/McGwire (someone on another board was kind enough to send the silver to me so it is incoming!)
1989 Topps red
1989 Topps All Star red
1991 Topps red
1991 Topps all star red
1992 Topps silver

So many to go!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I haven't seen any buybacks of the guys I collect, but I think it is a good thing.

So no Darryl Kile, Marwin Gonzalez, Eric Bruntlett, or Will Harris. Darryl Kile being the most likely of those names to have buybacks.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'm participating my first ever jumbo case break for this product for a Paul O'neill. The break is Thursday. O'neill does not have any base so I'm hoping to get something good. He had some players left for a buy in so I grabbed the Dawson spot and the Winfield spot so [MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] standby, maybe I can scoop up something good.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I've picked up a few of the Ripkens.
Ive been concentrating on the golds mostly along with a few silvers

Members online