Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Found the full sheet here:
EE3DFC17-75F9-4398-BDD3-D61148131D7C_zpsa4bvvcov.jpg

1F7D23B3-4AA7-416A-A5CC-0D31678FA726_zpsha4muk54.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Happy to pick these up. Anyone else get their guy, seller had a ton of promos listed.

Yeah I only picked up 1 from him it was on my top 10 so the $330.00 price tag was ok with me as I never seen this one before he sold them. I guess it was better than my $600.00 snipe bid I had on it. Wish I grabbed a few more but my snipe wasn't enough and I lost. One guy not sure who he was but I believe he won both passing the torch and Nelson won one as well.

Jeter0009.jpgJeter0010.jpg

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Nice pickups, even if I'm 2 months late on the compliment

Ryan

Yeah I only picked up 1 from him it was on my top 10 so the $330.00 price tag was ok with me as I never seen this one before he sold them. I guess it was better than my $600.00 snipe bid I had on it. Wish I grabbed a few more but my snipe wasn't enough and I lost. One guy not sure who he was but I believe he won both passing the torch and Nelson won one as well.

Thanks guys.

Here is another recent pick up. Great looking card, hole punch in bottom corner. Not sure how rare these are, I don't think I have ever seen a Lofton before.

Last edited:

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I want to tell you yes as I have seen scans from another collector but I would have to look at the list and pictures again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

From a reliable source ........ There are between 2 and 3 BRONZE promotional cards known for each of the 77 cards in the set.

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I posted this in the Griffey collectors thread regarding 1992 Leaf black gold previews. I was looking through my collection and noticed that my black gold preview was different. Here are pics. Has anyone else seen a silver version of this? i did manage to find another one of these silvers on Amazon. Tim Burke #44 . So maybe these are out there. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I have a 92 Leaf Ryan which has the silver foil.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
From a reliable source ........ There are between 2 and 3 BRONZE promotional cards known for each of the 77 cards in the set.

If your talking about Clarkfan I would agree but it truly is based on the player I say this because I know the guy with more than anyone else and he bought most off of the guy who had them all to begin with as he was the Lead Engineer in 1996 for the cards when they were made. The number I hear most is 2 but I have yet to see many doubles and only know of a few doubles. But I have never seen a Frank Thomas yet, 1 Griffey and 1 Jeter. Though I contacted someone else who said his buddy owned a Jeter though he wouldn't contact me as I was interested in seeing if there was a 2nd floating around. The owner of most of the Bronze Promo's did recently sell the Piazza Bronze and Bronze Back Gold Front for $1,000.00 each. I would love to take his cards to the Nationals just don't think he is wanting to mail them to me. I do think if he lets me bring them I can sell them all to collectors as it will draw attention to my buddies booth. Most people here don't like his prices and I understand so I have stopped trying to help the player collector's as they tell me he wants too much.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
If your talking about Clarkfan I would agree but it truly is based on the player I say this because I know the guy with more than anyone else and he bought most off of the guy who had them all to begin with as he was the Lead Engineer in 1996 for the cards when they were made. The number I hear most is 2 but I have yet to see many doubles and only know of a few doubles. But I have never seen a Frank Thomas yet, 1 Griffey and 1 Jeter. Though I contacted someone else who said his buddy owned a Jeter though he wouldn't contact me as I was interested in seeing if there was a 2nd floating around. The owner of most of the Bronze Promo's did recently sell the Piazza Bronze and Bronze Back Gold Front for $1,000.00 each. I would love to take his cards to the Nationals just don't think he is wanting to mail them to me. I do think if he lets me bring them I can sell them all to collectors as it will draw attention to my buddies booth. Most people here don't like his prices and I understand so I have stopped trying to help the player collector's as they tell me he wants too much.

Definitely not me. I've never owned any nor do I have any more inside info than anyone else has. I've tracked sales on some, wanted the Clark, know about what the Clark went for outside of eBay, and try to search for others including Clark pretty often. But from what I have seen, I would guess only 1, but I'm hoping for at least 10, so I can finally get one :) But this time, I'm not the reliable source

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I posted this in the Griffey collectors thread regarding 1992 Leaf black gold previews. I was looking through my collection and noticed that my black gold preview was different. Here are pics. Has anyone else seen a silver version of this? i did manage to find another one of these silvers on Amazon. Tim Burke #44 . So maybe these are out there. Thoughts?

It's believed to be a proof card. I've got the Black Gold of McGwire. I haven't found a Black Gold Preview (like you have of Griff).

f-949.jpg
b-949.jpg

f-6074.jpg
b-6074.jpg

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
That's awesome. Glad to see these are out there. To be honest, I have had this card since I bought it from my old LCS, 20 years ago. I just never noticed and assumed it was the regular preview. You guys are certainly very knowledgeable.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I liked this insert a lot when it was first issued, so I thought this pre-production proof card was pretty cool to find. Interesting that you can see from the borders they printed the entire card with a silver finish, then added a color overlay to make the gold and bronze sections. Other proof cards from this set available on ebay (seller is duckyboy34).

s-l800.jpg

Members online