Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Announcement about new card company tonight at boomosbreaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Right. If it allowed people to "buy" the cards with points, I think there'd be a lot more value. Big mistake on their part, which I'm sure will be cured next time.

I agree Jeff. Originally I thought "buying" was exactly what was happening here. Not that I was going to purchase this product anyway, but if I was a buyer this would make me shy away even more.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I agree Jeff. Originally I thought "buying" was exactly what was happening here. Not that I was going to purchase this product anyway, but if I was a buyer this would make me shy away even more.

There's also the chance that one of your 4 "hits" could be a raffle ticket for random memorabilia. That could, more than likely, be completely worthless.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't think anyone buys into it. THat's the problem with the product - no one gives any value to the points, whereas the manufacturer certainly does. When you see $200 in SV for a box that costs $500 (per online retailers), you're looking at 40% ROI PLUS the point value, which no one factors in.

You mean an ROI of -60%

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
You're supposed to collect as many points as you can and enter them in their website. Sometime in May, whoever has the highest total gets a Babe Ruth bat, second highest gets something else, and so on.

So you're basically saying the rich get richer. If I had the bankroll to buy enough points to win the bat, I could sell the bat and make a profit, no?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Okay I'm 35 years old bought my first pack when I was five, 30 years experience here. And tell you what I have a lot of cards sitting around and I'll package each card up and sell for $160 each. Then I'll come up with an off-the-wall point system for each card, Hop on my website which isn't active yet but will be for chance to win an awesome amazing prize! I'm sure nothing will go wrong with that business plan!

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
So you're basically saying the rich get richer. If I had the bankroll to buy enough points to win the bat, I could sell the bat and make a profit, no?

Yep!

Like everyone says though, as long as it is on the up-and-up, someone is supposed to "win" the bat with the most points. Buy the most product and/or buy the most points, and you get the bat, simple.

There's supposed to be a points tracker somewhere on Beckett's site that they're showing too. I haven't found it yet.

According to the site, they're supposed to be giving away stuff each week for weekly winners too.

Plus the totally random Historic Ticket raffle cards, where you could get absolutely nothing.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i bought the pete rose ticket off the winner of that slot, and redeemed thursday night, came today. TT1702.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
That Rose ticket is super sweet! Is there anything special about the game ticket itself? Any connection between Rose and the game (like is it the one he caught gambling on)?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
you can certainly stand by poor decisions, doesn't change the nature of them though.

England stood by it's decision to tax the U.S. and provoke a revolution. Perhaps not the best one but oh crazy King George III stood by it!

Someone gets me!

People often mistake their conviction to stand behind something as a badge of honor and it isnt.

Or this:

"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."

--Bill Gates

Members online

Latest posts