Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread (Today - Update)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Los Angeles Dodgers Top 10 Prospects

1. Walker Buehler, RHP
2. Alex Verdugo, OF
3. Keibert Ruiz, C
4. Mitchell White, RHP
5. Yadier Alvarez, RHP
6. Yusniel Diaz, OF
7. Jeren Kendall, OF
8. DJ Peters, OF
9. Will Smith, C
10. Dennis Santana, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/min...dodgers-top-10-prospects/#okfIPZORbai21rFF.97

Really shocked to see Dustin May omitted from this list. Granted he's still learning a change up, he had a nice season. Strikeout pitcher, heavy ground ball rate, doesn't walk too many. Can't wait to follow the chat later and see why there's no love lol

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You got your question answered.

Really shocked to see Dustin May omitted from this list. Granted he's still learning a change up, he had a nice season. Strikeout pitcher, heavy ground ball rate, doesn't walk too many. Can't wait to follow the chat later and see why there's no love lol

John (NJ): No love for Dustin May? I'm kind of surprised by his omission. Granted he pitched most of 2017 in Low-A, but still had a nice season while learning a change up. How close was he to the top 10? Thanks for the chat!

Kyle Glaser: Hey John, my pleasure. Dustin May was in the top 10 originally, and he is the first person off the list at present. I was actually surprised in my conversations with Dodgers officials throughout the organization that they didn’t see him as a top 10 guy in their system, and it was virtually unanimous. They all like him a lot, but a lack of conviction that he will put on the weight and strength to add necessary fastball velocity and the rawness of his changeup pushed him below other guys. Dennis Santana’s changeup development at the end of the year at Double-A is what ultimately flipped Santana and May for the final spot at No. 10. That all being said, I think very, very highly of May and it would not shock me if he ends up having a better big league career than a lot of guys on this list. He’s a very, very good prospect who would easily be top 10 in a lot of other systems.

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
You got your question answered.

John (NJ): No love for Dustin May? I'm kind of surprised by his omission. Granted he pitched most of 2017 in Low-A, but still had a nice season while learning a change up. How close was he to the top 10? Thanks for the chat!

Kyle Glaser: Hey John, my pleasure. Dustin May was in the top 10 originally, and he is the first person off the list at present. I was actually surprised in my conversations with Dodgers officials throughout the organization that they didn’t see him as a top 10 guy in their system, and it was virtually unanimous. They all like him a lot, but a lack of conviction that he will put on the weight and strength to add necessary fastball velocity and the rawness of his changeup pushed him below other guys. Dennis Santana’s changeup development at the end of the year at Double-A is what ultimately flipped Santana and May for the final spot at No. 10. That all being said, I think very, very highly of May and it would not shock me if he ends up having a better big league career than a lot of guys on this list. He’s a very, very good prospect who would easily be top 10 in a lot of other systems.

Yes sir! That be my question lol

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Atlanta Braves Top 10 Prospects

1. RONALD ACUNA, OF
2. LUIZ GOHARA, LHP
3. MIKE SOROKA, RHP
4. KYLE WRIGHT, RHP
5. IAN ANDERSON, RHP
6. AUSTIN RILEY, 3B
7. KOLBY ALLARD, LHP
8. MAX FRIED, LHP
9. KEVIN MAITAN, SS
10. CRISTIAN PACHE, OF

FWIW, this should mean Bryse will crack the top 10 now.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Arizona Diamondbacks Top 10 Prospects

1. Jon Duplantier, RHP
2. Anthony Banda, LHP
3. Pavin Smith, 1B
4. Jazz Chisholm, SS
5. Daulton Varsho, C
6. Marcus Wilson, OF
7. Eduardo Diaz, OF
8. Drew Ellis, 3B
9. Taylor Clarke, RHP
10. Matt Tabor, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/min...ndbacks-top-10-prospects/#vbuTrVDGDz5ZkX0H.97

(A bit surprised Christian Walker didn't make it, although he's obviously blocked.)

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Arizona Diamondbacks Top 10 Prospects

1. Jon Duplantier, RHP
2. Anthony Banda, LHP
3. Pavin Smith, 1B
4. Jazz Chisholm, SS
5. Daulton Varsho, C
6. Marcus Wilson, OF
7. Eduardo Diaz, OF
8. Drew Ellis, 3B
9. Taylor Clarke, RHP
10. Matt Tabor, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/min...ndbacks-top-10-prospects/#vbuTrVDGDz5ZkX0H.97

(A bit surprised Christian Walker didn't make it, although he's obviously blocked.)

Maybe I'm just not really high on Banda but I'd switch him around with Pavin Smith.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Du-plawn-shay!!

He'll make the top 100 but if Banda is #2 then I imagine he'll be the only D-Backs prospect to reach the top 100.

Which is lame because I think Pavin Smith is worthy of being on there. His power hasn't emerged yet but the kid can hit and get on base.

Then again, BA did have Banda ranked in the top 100 midseason list so maybe there is still a chance. It's been awhile since the D-Backs had 3 top 100 prospects. Back in the Archie Bradley days if I remember correctly.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly

Members online