Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Bunt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
why? the point is to sell you coins! Topps is trying to sucker you into spending coins you've accumulated for free or buy coins in order to get these new releases.

the people who are spending money will continue to spend money. i am one who will go after a certain set and if i come up just short ill buy some coins. but now since we get crap for coins i dont really go after anything which in turn means i wont buy any coins.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
good to see something Topps has done right -- the bunt app. Have you looked at UD's epack yet? Images of the cards aren't sharp and you can't read the stats on the backs. Topps Bunt digital cards look cleaner to me than UD's effort.

still not going to be spending a penny on either (just enjoy the cards I can accumulate for free) but Topps has outdone UD for once.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
If anyone still needs 1986 cards, user halofan2 has dozens of each and is currently trading 9 for each 1 card he needs.

I just traded 2 gold base for 17 Jays I need.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Looks like prospecting has officially arrived in Bunt. Now they have "Prospect" cards that carry over to be used in future seasons. Not sure how I feel about this.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Looks like prospecting has officially arrived in Bunt. Now they have "Prospect" cards that carry over to be used in future seasons. Not sure how I feel about this.

Geez, it's getting crazy

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

Mmmm, tempting to break my saving streak.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Save your coinsd. I got an email about the prospect cards that were 2016 design and could be used in the 2016 game and decided to buy a pack. It was 2015 design cards so I doubt they can be played in 2016. I feel false advertising by topps. Still going to accumulate my coins and guess its a good thing it just cost me 7500 coins to try to get my first playable cards.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I got excited for a moment when I saw the bulletin about the new "Baseball's Back" packs. Thought maybe it was a 2016 preview or something. Turned out to be an overly expensive pack of old inserts. Booo!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What the heck is going on? Is my name on a list somewhere of send this guy the worst trades possible?!
On bunt I get a trade where I would get like 6 base whites, a green and a red for my Syndergaard pitchers that rake numbered to like 200 something. I tell the guy that's one of the worst trades I've ever gotten, so he sends it back and adds my Sy Berger insert thing and a 2014 Colon red.....then I go to huddle, someone offers me the jj watt insert you get when you start the game plus a base white and green for my OBJ boost numbered to 25, and some other guy offers me a base green for a pro bowl gold insert....what the heck is going on?!

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
Save your coinsd. I got an email about the prospect cards that were 2016 design and could be used in the 2016 game and decided to buy a pack. It was 2015 design cards so I doubt they can be played in 2016. I feel false advertising by topps. Still going to accumulate my coins and guess its a good thing it just cost me 7500 coins to try to get my first playable cards.

The prospect cards that can be used in 2016 and beyond are inserts at 1:25 odds limited to 350. they indicated they could be used beyond because many will not see the majors for several years.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Am I correct there are no base 2016-playable cards?

I've seen the Top Prospects note (explained to me a couple posts back that the 2016 ones are limited insertions) and the "Baseball's Back" are not 2016 cards?

Guess I'll continue to accumulate my coins if there are no 2016 cards out there. Since 2016 topps physical released a couple of weeks ago, you'd think the Bunt versions should be out there now.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I pulled a Bunt code card from a hanger box of 2016 Topps, good for a "Special Preview Pack." Turned out to be a regular 2015 Bunt pack. I should have waited until closer to the May expiration date and maybe I would have gotten a 2016 pack.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
If anyone wants to do some dupes for dupes, I'm looking to knock out series one reds, and anything else I happen to get close to

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
You're welcome to any of my reds if I have any you need. I started too late in the year to make any kinda run at a set. Not sure what series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
You're welcome to any of my reds if I have any you need. I started too late in the year to make any kinda run at a set. Not sure what series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir, sent a few trades,
Might send more depending on how these turn out

Members online

Latest posts