Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate. It took me a while before I figured out what was what with this issue. I made a helpful reference guide to help anyone properly identify each of the three different types: Luminous; Luminescent; and Illuminator. Have a look.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
happy with a few recent pickups. Seller listed em for great price, missed the griffey, Maddux and Rodriguez but was able to pick these up for a good price IMO. Picked up a lofton too :)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
happy with a few recent pickups. Seller listed em for great price, missed the griffey, Maddux and Rodriguez but was able to pick these up for a good price IMO. Picked up a lofton too :)

I actually have a Griffey Foil; picked it up in a lot with a Mo Vaughn Foil and a half-dozen non-foils for a few bucks a while back. Quite the dramatic difference between the price of the last one sold and the one that's up for auction right now. That seller sure left some money on the table!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I actually have a Griffey Foil; picked it up in a lot with a Mo Vaughn Foil and a half-dozen non-foils for a few bucks a while back. Quite the dramatic difference between the price of the last one sold and the one that's up for auction right now. That seller sure left some money on the table!

I can't get a feel for the price of these honestly. The odds state that they are 1:800 packs but the prices don't seem to fit the scarcity. At least for the most part, but that current Griffey is up there a bit.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014

I don't know why I didn't just buy the Thomas, but I ended up getting the other 2 after I bought the Griffey :) I picked up the Soaring Stars Glowing Thomas and Jeter he had. Was t labeled soaring

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I don't know why I didn't just buy the Thomas, but I ended up getting the other 2 after I bought the Griffey :) I picked up the Soaring Stars Glowing Thomas and Jeter he had. Was t labeled soaring
LOL glad you didnt. After I bought my three and had a counter on the Maddux I went to pick uo the others and now I know who bought them. the funny thing is i messaged him because the scans of these show up as black so I triple confirmed they were all Gold. when he said yes I figured heck why not. He had the Thomas listed lower than all of them. :) Although his shipping method annoyed me a bit PWE in a soft Card saver. I stressed a bit when I got the mail today. And nice pick up on the Soaring stars!!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Another reference guide has been published. This time it's for 1996 Studio. Read it here.

Nice article, but I think it lacks an important piece of information. The coveted Silver Press Proof cards were only available in retail MAGAZINE packs, the kind that hang from hangers at the store, and not available in standard boxed packs. That's the key to their scarcity. Buying unopened boxes of 1996 Studio won't yield you these cards.

I remember going to a shopping mall show in Urbana, IL in the summer of 1996 and asking the dealers for Mark Grace cards. One dealer pulled out the Silver Press Proof and said "Have I got a card for you! Only 100 were made..." I was pretty floored by it at the time and had to have it, despite the hefty asking price.

96STUDIOSILVER.jpg

Members online