Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scammer located and Terminated. Action taken inside.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
etta1956 was taking scans off ebay of high end cards and attempting to sell them as his own.

He almost took [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] on that Mike Trout blue refractor.

He was also attempting to sell a Tom Brady contenders, scan from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Playof...Q==&rt=nc=&_trksid=p2047675.l2557=&rmvSB=true

an Aaron Judge green, scan here http://www.ebay.com/itm/AARON-JUDGE...=item1ec6972003:g:FxsAAOSwlndZBg1b&rmvSB=true

Big thanks to FCB user [MENTION=11729]Yankees48[/MENTION] who did some detective work to verify that the owner of the judge was still in possession of the card.

I will let Sy elaborate on the transaction if he wishes.

The following rule has been added to the trade TOS. If you can think of better wording or a better way please post your suggestion here.

8. FRESH IMAGES as need arises on high dollar cards admins or trade partners may request a fresh image of the card in question with a date stamp. This is to help reaffirm possession of the card. You must comply with such requests to trade here.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Sorry he fell victim and hope it's resolved quickly but no way I'm engaging in a deal w some Joe Schmo wo fresh pics. Seems like most of the people selling over the last year gave been garbage.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I didn't want to Judge.....but i was a little suspicious

f278e18f87b9c05d869e0fa7c051f4bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
have it so that the person must put a paper with their username and the date in the picture with the card in question if asked to verify

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
thats the timestamp requirement.

Suggestion is good. We will further explain the timestamp requirement. Digital timestamps won't fly.

make it that the paper has to be under the card that way it takes a much more expert photoshopper to modify which most scammers aren't

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Are newspapers still printed these days?

Joke...but for how long...

make it that the paper has to be under the card that way it takes a much more expert photoshopper to modify which most scammers aren't

Members online

Latest posts