Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I was wondering that also. I bid on a bunch of them. Why I have no idea.

It's in your blood man, just like the rest of us sad souls! Henderson was a badass on the bases, fun as hell to watch give an interview and always put on a show on the field. How could you not bid?

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I know, and not only that, the patches don't seem real, or at least too good to be true! My versions are only solid color jerseys.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I know, and not only that, the patches don't seem real, or at least too good to be true! My versions are only solid color jerseys.
I don't know what cards you are speaking of specifically, but many of the cards I have that he was selling have similar or better patches on the low numbered versions. Some of the higher number stuff with mets skyline patches or laundry are fakes, no doubt.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Meant to ask you guys, do any of you have the 2012-2014 Checklists that you'd be willing to share? I only have some of the 2012's on a list, and while I don't really add many of the new items, if I decide to, I'd like to be able to see what's out there. Thanks!

The reason for asking for the new is... I went to a card show yesterday(first time in a long time) and actually got 6 Hendersons there, all 2012 or newer. I couldn't resist....:mad:

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Man, I haven't seen a card show in years! There may be one is San Francisco every now and then, but by the time I cross the bridge and park, I'm already out $25 or so, not including gas and misc. Locally, zilch. I also would be interested in an updated list, just for kicks. I am curious how many were released over that period, and what they were.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
This was the biggest show of the year in the Northeast, all weekend, brings in some HOF signers. A lot of vintage dealers, but the new age dealers usually bring some high end items. I bargain bin the heck out of it hoping to hit gold!

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Now TNT has a blast of Hendersons as well? I am thinking it was the same collector, splitting his stash between TNT and Prob... Insane amount of cards all at once...

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
On a side note, I contacted Walt today, asking what was the status of the proposed RH fan club, he said "he and Rickey have been really busy". That was 2012. 2013 I was promised a meet and greet in Boston, which I told you guys never came to be, even after he contacted me the night before and promised. Then next day he did not answer any of my calls or texts, and 2 weeks later offered a bad excuse.

So needless to say, I think the whole RH fan club thing, the proposed meet and greets, and basically anything Walt mentioned on FB is a farce... Brad was one of the lucky ones...But that was years ago now too.

Members online

Latest posts