Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the next hobby star?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apr 6, 2011
Although not as quick, but a 5 tool stud... Rymer Liriano should see some impressive hobby love this year despite being a Padre. I suspect we MAY get to see him in the line-up near the end of this year. He has the raw skills to be an all-star, and the hobby market is starting to take notice with a spike in his sales since the AFL season. If he can limit his strike-outs he will be a top 10 prospect by year end..... mark my word :)

this. people and media love players with unique standout skills and hamilton will be loved.

LuckyGriffin3

Dec 24, 2012
The Cloud
2013: Wil Myers
2014: Billy Hamilton

The Reds traded for 1 year of Shin Soo-Choo and have been quoted as stating he will play CF and hit leadoff. That means that Hamilton is blocked for this year, unless Choo gets injured.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Although not as quick, but a 5 tool stud... Rymer Liriano should see some impressive hobby love this year despite being a Padre. I suspect we MAY get to see him in the line-up near the end of this year. He has the raw skills to be an all-star, and the hobby market is starting to take notice with a spike in his sales since the AFL season. If he can limit his strike-outs he will be a top 10 prospect by year end..... mark my word :)

Agree on Liriano. He's made adjustments at every level and ultimately put up good numbers. He's got all the tools and has a nice combo between speed and power, and a gun in RF to boot.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I'm thinking Machado. There was a recent article on ESPN that called him baseballs next superstar. It's that kind of hype that the next hobby star will need.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I really don't get the Machado hype by those here, and especially ESPN. Is the kid a really good prospect? Certainly. Is he the next superstar? Seems crazy, given he hasn't put up great numbers at any minor league stop.

Take a guy like Profar, who plays a premium position defensively, is younger, and who has arguably had better offensive numbers the last 2 years. The Machado hype is so forced in my opinion. We shall see, though.

For the sake of this post, I'm not sure. I don't see it being Profar, because he won't have as dynamic of numbers that Trout has had. I guess my money would be on Bundy.

jofinn36

Feb 27, 2011
Well Im thinking Bundy. Just listed my Chromes for crazy buy it nows and will try and keep them up for the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts