Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I need a new consigner.....any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
I use Probstien on PSA items since they are easy to list and hard to F-up the listing. The fees (eBay and selling) through a consigner are lower than my straight eBay fees due to their volume discount.....plus the big cats get more eyes, see PWCC, Probstei, etc....

For the record, I have a 100+ card early GU set that I want to move and I know that not ever consigner wants to deal with that type of stuff.

Ditto but from early 00s

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't sell but I have to believe that a good/sizable consigner is going to get sellers the best exposure. At some point I'd probably like to sell items but I would be afraid that I would happen to list something desirable and have it sell low because the right people didn't do a search for that item at the right time. I know a lot of people have saved searches but there are probably many more who do manual searches when they have time or think about it. I miss things all the time because I didn't happen to search that item that week!

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
I honestly don't see why you guys get so worked up over schilling. Does it suck absolutely but on the other hand it doesn't change how much I'm willing to pay for something.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I would go with joe as I think he has the best knowledge as a consigner when it comes to game used cards stuff. And he is a collector so I think he would take care of your stuff better.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I would just sell on my own Dave (smalltraditions) is the only other I have cosigned with on his auction house and did pretty well.

I have also seen small traditions relist the same EXACT Derek Jeter Precious metals card twice after it sold the first time. I questioned this in another thread

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/146737-Anyone-work-with-Small-traditions

As far as shilling if you snipe your auction then you will never ever get shilled because it is impossible, at least on your bid. To me shilling sucks but I will never position myself to have it affect me. It happened to me quite a bit early on in my eBay ventures because I didn't know better. NEVER AGAIN

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Reach out to Cavalier Cards in Charlottesville VA. They do a ton of consigning. They are not active on here but are active on BO if you want to hit them up that way.

They used to be my LCS and I certainly would trust them. No idea on rates through.

GL

I've bought from them before but didn't know they consigned. Where in VA do you live? I used to live in Newport News and Virginia Beach.

Probstein is not the issue. Like some have said it is the sellers often shilling their own auctions that sucks. This is not the consigner's fault. I have bought plenty of cards from him and never had any issues. He often lists rare cards that you won't find anywhere else, and as a seller it does make sense to sell through him and not yourself because you will greatly increase the exposure you get on the item. The more people that view/watch your card the more money it makes.

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I've bought from them before but didn't know they consigned. Where in VA do you live? I used to live in Newport News and Virginia Beach.

I currently live in Carrollton (just across the James River Bridge from Newport News/Hampton) but have lived all over the state - including in Charlottesville for 13+ years. Used to go into Cavalier Cards regularly.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I currently live in Carrollton (just across the James River Bridge from Newport News/Hampton) but have lived all over the state - including in Charlottesville for 13+ years. Used to go into Cavalier Cards regularly.

Very cool, that's not far from where I grew up! Hope the weather isn't too bad there right now!

bigboydsportscards3

Jan 21, 2010
(because it was shilled...:D) I will never buy from Probstein again, (and I know this does not affect him in the least) regardless of the card. I stay away from BigBoyd for the same reason. Just an ethical thing, not that I am better or worse than anyone else, nor do I care if others still love the guy. For me its an easy decision.

We haven't sold an item on consignment in at least 3 years.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I have never used one but I thought JeffV (Roger Clemens super collector) on this board do consignments and Galestown (eBay). His item also sells higher than normal for some reason.

One thing for sure I've noticed lately though. Any items I bid on sells higher. The same exact item I don't bid on won't even get a bid and end less. Hmmmm.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have never used one but I thought JeffV (Roger Clemens super collector) on this board do consignments and Galestown (eBay). His item also sells higher than normal for some reason.

One thing for sure I've noticed lately though. Any items I bid on sells higher. The same exact item I don't bid on won't even get a bid and end less. Hmmmm.

Snipe snipe snipe.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
I was going to try COMC to unload my:
1961 Fleer Basketball
1957 Topps Basketball
1975 Topps Basketball
1971 Topps Basketball

They are all either PSA or SGC graded, but COMC wants $1.00 per card.

Has anyone else ever sold graded cards on COMC?

(...or have any other ideas?)

Members online

Latest posts