Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Homer at the Bat: The Untold Story of the Simpsons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! *You may recognize me from films as*"Dial 'M' for Mommy" and "The Monkey Bachelor, Season 5".

troy.jpg

Everyone has seen the episode "Homer at the Bat", where all kinds of baseball superstars made guest appearances. *But did you know one main superstar did NOT make the cut?

troy2.jpg

Everyone is familiar with this picture.

everyone.jpg

The REAL original picture was supposed to include Mouschi Baconstache. *That's right, Simpsons lovers! *Mike Scioscia was a fill-in for Mouschi.

everyonewithme.jpg

As the biggest star in baseball during the early 90s, (and Bart's favorite player) Mouschi had to be included. *The episode was to begin with Bart, Nelson and Milhouse at a baseball card show, where they discover a few Mouschi Baconstache baseball cards.

free-mouschi-signing.JPG

His rookie card is displayed on camera for all to see. *At the time, the card was selling for $25.

holding card 2.jpg

Which was no match for his $150 moustache close up variation.

holding-card-3.jpg

Thanks to his luscious moustache, Mouschi was larger than life!

troy3.jpg

In fact, a few years prior, Score stole the famous Bo Jackson idea from Mouschi's famous card.

mouschi-knows-bo-3.png

The variation of this card did not find nearly the same success.

mouschi-knows-bo-3-bottom.png

As a baseball card collector myself, I feel inclined to show off my favorite baseball card in my entire collection.

troy5.jpg

Yowza, this card brings a tear to my eye! *Isn't it absolutely glorious?

1987topps3.jpg

You might want to put your children to bed for this part of the story, because it is gruesome. *So gruesome, we can't even show it. *Bart's dream was to pitch to*Mouschi, and he got his wish!*He threw the ball as hard as he could to Mouschi while he wasn't looking. *And it hit him right in the face.

troy4.jpg

Right in the moustache.

stachegone.jpg

Yes, friends. *Bart's pitch knocked Mouschi's moustache clean off. *As a former prolific power hitter, Mouschi finished the season with a .107 batting average, with no home runs and subsequently retired from baseball. *Had Scioscia not stepped in, the most famous Simpsons baseball episode ever would have not aired.

Untitled-5.jpg

With this year's induction to the Hall of Fame of Homer Simpson, Mouschi Baconstache also had something to contribute.

His moustache.

stacherelic.jpg

That does it for this episode. *Thank you for watching! *I'm Troy McClure, and until next time: *hold on to your moustache!

stachegobyebye.jpg

http://tanmanbaseballfan.com/2017/08/homer-bat-untold-story-simpsons.html

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
very nice man, seasons 3-7 were just the absolute peak of 22minute storytelling.

easily the best sports episode in Simpsons history.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION]

There ain't no reason you and me should be alone
Tonight yeah baby, tonight yeah baby
But I got a reason that you-hoo should take me home tonight

I'm on the edge of glory
And I'm hangin' on a moment with you [MENTION=19223]johnryno[/MENTION]
I'm on the edge with you :D

very nice man, seasons 3-7 were just the absolute peak of 22minute storytelling.

easily the best sports episode in Simpsons history.

Agreed!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Did you ever listen to the creator commentary on that episode? Suffice it to say, they do not have warm feelings toward your hero.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Did you ever listen to the creator commentary on that episode? Suffice it to say, they do not have warm feelings toward your hero.

I've heard some things before, but mainly because of his then-wife making them change the script at the 11th hour. Suffice it to say, they were not pleased! I don't know anything on his side, but I wouldn't be surprised if he caused a stir back them with them either.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I've heard some things before, but mainly because of his then-wife making them change the script at the 11th hour. Suffice it to say, they were not pleased! I don't know anything on his side, but I wouldn't be surprised if he caused a stir back them with them either.

They were about to photoshop a hand mole and bring Ozzie in ;)

(...or was that Jose who had that?)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Branch Rickey had nothing on him!

Ha...In one way the Burns character is such an efficient businessman that he will go against his beliefs for money. I might have to do a marathon of all 90s Simpsons now, its probably been 6 months since I did. :cool:

I might have to make a "fave Simpsons episodes in gen chat, and obviously this one will be there.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Haha, awesome work. Did you avoid flooding where you are?

So far, so good - but we apparently are in for days more of historic flooding. I am cautiously optimistic though!

Members online

Latest posts