Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I know who won the Juan card. I am glad he did. I would never spend a high amount on a 1/1. I am still shocked it went that high.
Certain 1/1s generate that interest. It's the 1st 1/1 there was basically. Like I stated, i have no rooting interest in Juan as a PC, but he was a player I liked and 1997 Masterpieces are sweet IMO, so I would have been 400-450 had it not been jumping past that the last minute or two. Great card, but that doesn't mean I don't understand your thoughts on it as well.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Aug 14, 2017
Yeah that 1997 Flair Legacy 1/1 Juan Masterpiece was something else. Those never come up for any player. Although I did notice that there was paper loss on the front of the card, maybe that's why it went sort of low.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have a neat piece that should be incoming today!

In 1991, Fleer came out with a beautiful insert set called Pro Vision. The black borders really popped, and the artwork was second to none. The artist's name is Terry Smith. He does absolutely phenomenal work - if HE did sketch cards, I'd actually collect them of Jose! Anyway, I ran into a Pro Vision supercollector online and saw he had a VERY obscure blank back proof set where each card was signed by Terry on the front. I asked if he would be willing to sell months ago, and he declined...until earlier this week Here it is, incoming!

09181704.jpg

This appears to be part of a run that was made specially for Terry to sign, as opposed to Fleer just having taken a handful of leftover cards for him to sign. That makes it extra special - special enough for me to want to add it into my collection. I've only seen one other blank back set signed by Terry, and they were signed on the back.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

In 1991, Fleer came out with a beautiful insert set called Pro Vision. The black borders really popped, and the artwork was second to none. The artist's name is Terry Smith. He does absolutely phenomenal work - if HE did sketch cards, I'd actually collect them of Jose! Anyway, I ran into a Pro Vision supercollector online and saw he had a VERY obscure blank back proof set where each card was signed by Terry on the front. I asked if he would be willing to sell months ago, and he declined...until earlier this week Here it is, incoming!

09181704.jpg

This appears to be part of a run that was made specially for Terry to sign, as opposed to Fleer just having taken a handful of leftover cards for him to sign. That makes it extra special - special enough for me to want to add it into my collection. I've only seen one other blank back set signed by Terry, and they were signed on the back.

Congrats on landing that! Really cool set, neat backstory too.

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
I'm the one who purchased the Juan Gonzalez 1/1 1997 Flair Row 0 Masterpiece... Happy to have gotten it... Can't wait to get it in hand... First 90's card of Juan that I've gotten in a while that I needed...

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009

09181704.jpg

I'd love to buy the Puckett if it's being sold. I can pm my contact info or you can give it to him if you already have it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm the one who purchased the Juan Gonzalez 1/1 1997 Flair Row 0 Masterpiece... Happy to have gotten it... Can't wait to get it in hand... First 90's card of Juan that I've gotten in a while that I needed...
Great card!

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Posted in the Ripken thread but this is definitely super sweet 90s :) My first 1996 Select Certified Mirror, though I finished the Crusades awhile ago and those are still my favorite 90s insert besides 1993 finest refractors. I must say these look sweet in hand, may go after a blue and gold at some point too.

36532678744_eaf8c0e017_c.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Posted in the Ripken thread but this is definitely super sweet 90s :) My first 1996 Select Certified Mirror, though I finished the Crusades awhile ago and those are still my favorite 90s insert besides 1993 finest refractors. I must say these look sweet in hand, may go after a blue and gold at some point too.

36532678744_eaf8c0e017_c.jpg

Top 5 set for me too!

Members online