Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

whats up with bubba starling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Wasn't all that great last year and now really really really struggling again.

Time to get concerned?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Starling, to me, is the new Matt Laporta. Way too hyped out of the gate with no pro data. Was never a good buy-in in my opinion. (I'm not saying he'll never succeed though....)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Not all toolsy high school super athletes are made the same. It's almost unfair to expect immediate pro-ball production. Some need to experience failure before they become open minded to tweaks and adjustments. Draft 'experts' suggested Bubba had a better shot than most at fully developing those loud tools but it was understood he was extremely raw.

While he has been a disappointment so far, Bubba fans have to be extremely patient and forgiving while he hones his craft against professionals, and Bubba prospectors should find those still drinking the Kool-Aid and unload.

Here's a nice piece on Bubba's swing from Fangraphs prospect scout and former All-Conference collegiate catcher Mike Newman:

Bubba Starling?s Lengthy Swing | FanGraphs Baseball

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Well technically he was/is right. Bo has only a slightly greater chance than you at getting into either HOF.

Really, anyone with a chance to play in the MLB has a better chance at entering the HOF than No.

While I understand what he was saying, Bo Jackson is about as mythical of a human being that we've had in the past generation. The greatest athlete of all time according to Sports Science. Bubba Starling? Well...

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
He should pull a Chris Weinke and go back to Nebraska to run the option once Taylor Martinez graduates.

Members online

Latest posts