Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants Walk Off Win Over Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just curious, why do you collect Andrew Susac?
Do you have a personal connection to him or just like him?
I know you're a Giants fan, but won't Susac be forever blocked at catcher by Posey?
Is Susac projected to switch positions?
Just wondering. Nothing negative meant by it.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Just curious, why do you collect Andrew Susac?
Do you have a personal connection to him or just like him?
I know you're a Giants fan, but won't Susac be forever blocked at catcher by Posey?
Is Susac projected to switch positions?
Just wondering. Nothing negative meant by it.

Nothing negative taken at all. A few reasons:

1- Buster is too expensive to collect for a new School Teacher's Salary but I still wanted to collect a Giant.

2- Catcher is my favorite position (not to play but I feel they are the heart and soul of a team)

3- I wanted someone who had a base 1st chrome auto under $10 (Crick was around $12 at the time, then got hurt and his prices bottomed out at 5-6 bucks each, kinda sad I didn't quickly sell and hop over to Crick cuz his prices are back up but oh well.)

4- He's suuuuuper cute.

5- He is truly one of the nicest current players on the San Jose Giants. I met him twice, but since both games were spur of the moment impromptu trips, i didn't have a single thing on me to get signed except a ticket the second time (which I can't find)

6- He's a HELLUVA player, though his hitting is weak this year so far. Even if he gets traded (which he most likely will, especially over Buster) he still has the potential skill to be an MLB Starter. I'd choose to unload and start a new PC or to just ride it out! Depends on the future I suppose.

I hoped that helped a bit!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Good reasons. It's always cool to meet a player you collect, or start collecting a player after you meet him, which is why I started collecting Andre Ethier in 2005.
It makes your collection mean so much more when you've met the player in person.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Good reasons. It's always cool to meet a player you collect, or start collecting a player after you meet him, which is why I started collecting Andre Ethier in 2005.
It makes your collection mean so much more when you've met the player in person.

Yup. I wish San Jose wasn't a 3+ hour drive from here =\ I wont be able to make any the rest of this season. If he somehow gets promoted to AAA Fresno next year or anytime before he gets traded, you bet I'll be driving Downtown after work almost every homegame to talk with him and get more signs. I even emailed him (or his agent idk who controls that particular email address) and asked if there was a way I could like really really ~meet Andrew and get some stuff signed.

I'm working on getting authentication that a Game Used bat was indeed used by him, along with some ROMLBs and Game Used Balls from Richmond games he's played in (he's a catcher, good enough Game-Used-by-him for me!). I also am contemplating ordering an Authentic (or Replica) Custom Jersey with his Name and Number on the back and getting that signed on the number in gold sharpie. And of course, I have lots of base Bowman and Bowman Chrome Cards and 4x6s/5x7s. I'd even sacrifice a Colored Refractor or my 8x10 if he signed them in a Blue Staedtler!!!!!

I mean, If I'm gonna pay the amount of $ for the IP signed balls and cards and stuff online, I'd rather drop the whole chunk at once and have the money go to him and meet him and take pictures (and get hugs) you know?

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Any day the Red Sox lose is a good day for me! Since my Blue Jays have proven the pre-season Vegas odds makers wrong and completely flushed the season down the toilet, I have little to cheer for. I'd love to see the BoSox fall out of the postseason picture so that neither they nor the Yankees play in October!

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
If it was easy, everyone could do it.....

True but I still feel like with a game on the line, an MLB pitcher can throw a strike.

Kudos to laying off that pitch too, your strike zone gets massive as a batter in that situation.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
On the topic of Susac being blocked by Posey... there's talk about Posey eventually moving to a corner infield spot. With Pablo possibly walking after next season, we may see a transition sooner than later if Susac looks to be MLB ready at that time. He's in AA this year. It isn't a stretch to think he might end up in AAA next year. That should make PoseyBuster happy.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
On the topic of Susac being blocked by Posey... there's talk about Posey eventually moving to a corner infield spot. With Pablo possibly walking after next season, we may see a transition sooner than later if Susac looks to be MLB ready at that time. He's in AA this year. It isn't a stretch to think he might end up in AAA next year. That should make PoseyBuster happy.

They've been talking about that ever since he broke his leg as a way to extend Posey's career. Makes sense and would be a smart move. I'm honestly surprised he still catches as much as he does given how bad the Giants are right now. If I were Giants brass I'd be taking any opportunity to get somebody else catching so I could put him out in the infield.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
[MENTION=3852]digicat[/MENTION] im mobile right now but really want to reply. ill reply as soon as I get home so keep an eye out. I have a lot to say on this topic

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
They've been talking about that ever since he broke his leg as a way to extend Posey's career. Makes sense and would be a smart move. I'm honestly surprised he still catches as much as he does given how bad the Giants are right now. If I were Giants brass I'd be taking any opportunity to get somebody else catching so I could put him out in the infield.

They've been talking about it a little more lately. With Brandon Belt continuing to improve, its making less sense to bench him while Posey plays his position. They've been giving Posey more days off instead. Posey's also mired in a nasty slump, so I'm sure the rigors of catching is being eyed as a possible cause.

Giants carried 3 catchers for a better part of this year, and just recently DFA'ed their 3rd catcher Guillermo Quiroz. Hector Sanchez is getting starts, but he's a total brick behind the plate.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Screw it. Im not the one driving...

I would love to move pablo and put buster at third and have Andrew catch in a couple years. That would be ideal.

Buster is versatile. He plays 1B well enough, hell in college he played a new position every inning once, including closer.

I think the bottom line is is that Buster truly loves to catch and is hella good at it.

Putting him at a corner like first might even boost his power and batting. Hell it probably has with his split position stats compared side by side. Which would be amazing.

As much as I love Andrew and want him to be in a Giants uniform and behind the plate, it would hurt lose Gerald in the squat.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

When do I get to see this "Ethier" PC anyways??

Members online